Tour de France 2018

gummibear

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a boring tour we have from team Sky and the rest of the GC contenders.Thanks for the break aways that give us a bit of real racing and excitement

What a boring tour we have from team Sky and the rest of the GC contenders.Thanks for the break aways that give us a bit of real racing and excitement

After 2 weeks of intense and in the red zone racing on many of them you expect the riders who are physically and emotionally tired to red zone every day and not recover... especially when the fireworks of the last week mountains are about to come?

Your comment sums up you lack of understanding of a 3 week tour! Stick to playing golf, else go watch some twenty twenty cricket if you want and need fireworks and instant gratification!

Pauwels out with a broken elbow...when it rains it pours.[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That attitude is partly what drove doping. People want to see one day racing every day of the three week tour. It can be done, but it takes very good “preparation”.

Nice to see Roglic in 4th at the moment...wonder if he would be able to hang on the 3rd week...would be a great result for him if he can keep up...seeing that he is actually Kruijswijks hangy-man  :ph34r:

I think we're really missing Porte as BMC have got a team to challenge here, and one can only wonder what TomD would be like without the giro in his legs.

But boring is not what it has been.

And Moscon does what Moscons does.

He has apparently been kicked out of the tour because of an alteration with another rider.. report is he hit a rider right in the beginning of the stage..this comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone.[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Proud to receive today my 100th Maillot Vert at @LeTour. It's a very special moment and I'd like to thank everybody that helped me achieve this!

Sagz Baby, on Tweetiebird ????

So we get an easy sprint day and then again two interesting days.

Saturdays finish up what used to be called Montée Jalabert is brutal. I once rode up it on my morning leg stretcher to get some croissaints, saw a short cut back to my friends and went over. Puked my croissaints back out near the top. 

Sunday is beautifull and near my back yard, not sure if I am gonna watch cos I am riding it with the ladies on saturday. There is a group of ladies who do all the stages the day before and a mate of mine joins them every year for one or two so this time I am going along. https://www.donnonsdeselles.net/donnons-des-elles-au-velo-j-1 Lets hope the heat stays away as predicted. And that last climb Pic the Nore has some brutal sections(been up it in the bus and up and of it on the mountainbike. Close enough to the finish as well for stage win brutal action.

So I actually managed to get out of bed and after a 2 hour ride posted myself just after the first small climb. It was very hot and resembled a warzone racing was full on. Heavy legs from the full stage yesterday made for a painfull ride back up the mountain to get home. Looks like I might need a rest day like the boys

So lets see what happens after the rest day..Sky has to take time on TD before the TT.

And if Thomas crack then TD will have a real shot at taking the tour.

Could actually be a bit tricky for Sky because if Froome goes he needs to be able to take at least close to a minute..not easy and not sure if Thomas will be able to attack TD in the 3rd week of a hard tour like this.I would let Thomas mark TD and leave Froome to take time..hopefully this way Thomas can pickup some seconds riding off the wheel of a tired TD..

Edited by nochain