Tour de France 2018

gummibear

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So CF is off the podium... and with 2 serious TT okes ahead of him, unlikely to get it back...

seems his form is fading fast.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No I mean Gerain Thomas. He rod well today. No fuss but did what was needed. Tommy D put in some brave moves but he looks poked to me. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he pops on the TT. But what do I know.

I really like the way GT has rode in Yellow and it's going to make for interesting team dynamics within Sky as Sir DB has said that GT will be at Sky next year. As will CF. So if they race together who is the outright team leader? Sky will need to give it good thought and have clear plans.

As for tomorrow's TT, the race will decide. That's my view.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

seems his form is fading fast.

Yeah well seeing how he has won 3 of the last 4 Grand Tours and is just off the podium in the fourth he has had a good 12 months. That form couldn't last.

Yeah well seeing how he has won 3 of the last 4 Grand Tours and is just off the podium in the fourth he has had a good 12 months. That form couldn't last.

Yep.. it has caught up with him.

Dumoulim also looking really knackered.

No extra week between the Giro and the TDF will be enough.. it is very difficult to do both and the both have done well

Edited by Gen

Yep.. it has caught up with him.

Dumoulim also looking really knackered.

No extra week between the Giro and the TDF will be enough.. it is very difficult to do both and the both have done well

Yeah it is. But both have given us a good race so far. And both deserve applause for the racing that they have put in. TD still has an outside chance of pulling off a win. 2'05" is a lot to make up especially if you're worried about another strong contender.

Imagine it did last, Trollbots minds would explode

And Phinney? He fell on his face!

Looks very sore.

Imagine it did last, Trollbots minds would explode

Yeah exactly. And let's not forget it wasn't 12 months straight of racing. There were breaks in between where he could recover and help sustain his form. Even then form is temporary and fatigue can easily rob a rider of it. And that is what we are seeing with Froome.

Yeah it is. But both have given us a good race so far. And both deserve applause for the racing that they have put in. TD still has an outside chance of pulling off a win. 2'05" is a lot to make up especially if you're worried about another strong contender.

Mmm think GT has this in the bag.. i think Roglic will end second in GC

Im still backing TD on his outside shot. If he doesnt win it hopefully he can keep 2nd. He is brilliant in the TT but he looks eina. Hes still a legend regless of how this plays out. The history books are about to get a new chapter...