ASG The Store! Happy Hour Sale

FondyMig

So I go after the bargains and order a high end pair of SIDI shoes at 50% off. A great deal, but the service that has followed is absolutely atrocious.

The order was placed on Tuesday 10 Oct, and on the 17th still no feedback or status update. Three calls later, every time I'm told they will call me back within 5, 30 and 60 minutes, but alas. This is officially the worst service I have received from an online SA cycling store. Never again!!! 

Am I the only one who has had this experience?  

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are clearly not geared up for online sales as other more dedicated online sales websites. I also ordered a pair of high-end SIDIS, just to get a phone call later in the week to say that they are out of stock on the item that I had ordered :wacko: Was forced to change the colour to what they had in stock in my size :( 

After that though, it arrived as promised.

Was still worth it in the end. Prices were way cool :clap:

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

I've had a really good experience with my purchase of Sidi shoes at the 50% sale a few days ago. Ordered online and received my shoes within 2 days. Comms were good all the way through to delivery (order, payment, shipping, etc).

If the deal is good, I will definitely order online again... 

After all my frustration and calling they eventually returned my call. I ordered BLACK shoes, so I get offered Blue, White or Gold shoes because the black is out of stock. 

Thanks for nothing - I get way better service bringing in the stuff myself from overseas competent online stores.

They have just lost a customer. Goodbye!!!

No you are not.  

I ordered a tub of High5, and was phoned the next day to tell me that the flavor I ordered was out of stock.  I was given the option to change my flavor or wait for the next shipment which will be arriving in the next 4 weeks.  As I still currently have enough High5 to get me through the next 4 weeks, I emailed the next day after considering my options to say I would prefer to wait for the shipment.  No response.  I followed up a few days later (3 October) and I am still waiting for a reply.  

Feeling really quite annoyed by the complete lack of interest in service after quite enthusiastically taking money from my credit card.

EDIT: After reading the other responses - how does an ONLINE store not update show that a selected item is out of stock?  I know they are not the only online store to have had this problem recently, but I feel that if you run an online store your system must be able to reflect the current stock and update accordingly.

Edited by Shell Belle

I have had the exactly the same atrocious service from asg. Bought 3 pairs of of sidi's.

1 sidi shot 1 kaos & 1 sidi gossip . 3 days later got a call to say no gossips available and do i want to buy something else. No dammit,I want what you were offering and I paid for.

Have opted to wait until late November.

As for the shot & kaos....what a f'ing mare. About 5 calls later to asg & 2 calls from the courier company promising to deliver Friday ,then Monday ,they eventually got delivered today . Except they didn't deliver the kaos only the shot. WTF are these ppl doing . If you don't have the staff to cope with the inundated calls and orders then staff up and get with the sale you are promoting.

So a week later and I have one pair of shoes delivered 1 pair promised for tmw (only after calling today and loosing my rag) and 1 pair who actually knows .

Worst service I have ever received and will not be in a hurry to buy from them again.

Oh and when you say you are going to call me back,then ffs call me back . Even if it's bad news.

Edited by Pikey

EDIT: After reading the other responses - how does an ONLINE store not update show that a selected item is out of stock?  I know they are not the only online store to have had this problem recently, but I feel that if you run an online store your system must be able to reflect the current stock and update accordingly.

^^^^ This 10 000 % ^^^^ surely should be a priority. The most annoying thing when buying online. So easy to take your money and say ooopps sorry. It's BS!

Ordered some sunglasses on sale and was absolutely blown away when they were on my doorstep the next morning!

Ordered a helmet today and I guess I will have mail tomorrow again.

My experience with ASG over the years have been only exceptional!!

Ordered some sunglasses on sale and was absolutely blown away when they were on my doorstep the next morning!

Ordered a helmet today and I guess I will have mail tomorrow again.

Or possibly an email/call advising that size and/or colour aren't available. LOL

ASG are expanding online operations and perhaps experiencing more teething problems than one would like or expect.

I haven't made any recent purchases but can't really complain about experiences in the past.

Jeez. I was SO close to pulling the trigger on a pair of their sale SIDI's. Now I don't feel so bad about missing out.

Jeez. I was SO close to pulling the trigger on a pair of their sale SIDI's. Now I don't feel so bad about missing out.

The price on the sidi shot was unbelievable. It's the only reason I bought them,not that i need another pair of shoes at all.

But make no mistake R3500 for a R7000 pair of shoes is deal. It's just the frustration of dealing with ASG.

The price on the sidi shot was unbelievable. It's the only reason I bought them,not that i need another pair of shoes at all.

But make no mistake R3500 for a R7000 pair of shoes is deal. It's just the frustration of dealing with ASG.

Spot on. I also ordered these as it was too good a deal to miss out on. In the end they couldn't deliver and have frustrated the heck out of me. They were quick to deduct the money from my account and keep it for a week, but after their boo-boo I still have to wait 3 days for a refund: the frustration hasn't ended yet.

I have no interest in supporting any of their future offerings: products or events. Once bitten.....

Edited by FondyMig

How is it possible they have 50% profit in a pair of shoes , that's ridiculous !

Talk about getting shafted !

If had bought a pair for R7000 and they have 50% off a week later , I'll be really pissed knowing what we know now .

Edited by Clinton H

How is it possible they have 50% profit in a pair of shoes , that's ridiculous !

Actually, that's 100% profit (double the price). And that's assuming there was no markup on the sale price.

Talk about getting shafted !

If had bought a pair for R7000 and they have 50% off a week later , I'll be really pissed knowing what we know now .

couldnt agree more, the story of our lives in good ole sa. Same as cwc with there 70% of sales.