ChrisEVP

Chris. Any more info on the development of this initiative? Have you started to take applicants. Are all SPCSA branches aware of the drive? Any group rides/discussions planned?

Perhaps, instead of requiring a 'team' member to bring in funds for a national centralized point, allow us to align ourselves with a branch of our choice and let us provide donations of food, items for their charity shops, equipment for their premises or other hard items, in addition to cash if that comes to hand. This will then provide members with a closer, more personalised identification with the nominated NSPCA branch and could then also spin off into localised media coverage (if the branch is on the ball). Ideally, this could evolve into a team per branch situation with resultant inter-team competition. Perhaps, one day when all is good in the world and both Zuma and Trump are gone, we could have an annual NSPCA race day for all teams. Sure, this sounds all warm and fuzzy but there may be some value in this. Any views from fellow hubbers?

Are those awesome National SPCA cycling jerseys still available to buy. If so, where?

I spoke the lady in charge (forget her name and number I am afraid) and she said they have

plenty available.

I wanted long sleeve but they did not have and the manufacturer's did not want to fabricate a couple.  Agreed, they are awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Are those awesome National SPCA cycling jerseys still available to buy. If so, where?

HiHi

Yes, they are available... Contact Meg (NSPCA) on comms@nspca.co.za, she will help you out with a jersey...

:thumbup:

I spoke the lady in charge (forget her name and number I am afraid) and she said they have

plenty available.

I wanted long sleeve but they did not have and the manufacturer's did not want to fabricate a couple.  Agreed, they are awesome.

Jip, the lady's name is Meg  :w00t: ... you can contact her on comms@nspca.co.za for jerseys (and other Q&As regarding the team)

:clap:  :thumbup:  :whistling:

Chris. Any more info on the development of this initiative? Have you started to take applicants. Are all SPCSA branches aware of the drive? Any group rides/discussions planned?

Hi FF

We are still busy sorting out some of the logistics... and possibly making it more accessible (as per some of the awesome suggestions from this group)... If you are keen on joining, please let Meg (comms@nspca.co.za) know.

Regards

C :clap:

Perhaps, instead of requiring a 'team' member to bring in funds for a national centralized point, allow us to align ourselves with a branch of our choice and let us provide donations of food, items for their charity shops, equipment for their premises or other hard items, in addition to cash if that comes to hand. This will then provide members with a closer, more personalised identification with the nominated NSPCA branch and could then also spin off into localised media coverage (if the branch is on the ball). Ideally, this could evolve into a team per branch situation with resultant inter-team competition. Perhaps, one day when all is good in the world and both Zuma and Trump are gone, we could have an annual NSPCA race day for all teams. Sure, this sounds all warm and fuzzy but there may be some value in this. Any views from fellow hubbers?

Awesome idea!!!!!!! We will definitely run it by the NSPCA-guys  :w00t: