Time to wait before moving to next DIBS?

anybody seen george?

Hi All!

What is a reasonable time to wait for the first who called "DIBS" to finalize sale before moving on?

I feel it is not my responsibility to remind you to complete the sale.

Especially once banking details have been provided.

I am not going to nag you to complete the sale.

I have been waiting for 48hours + now...

So how long till I get to move on to the other interested parties?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I've been waiting that long, I'd get in contact with the buyer. Sometimes life just happens or there is an honest mistake.

Otherwise; you need to, before giving banking details, clearly communicate that once banking details have been sent, the buyer has 12/48/72 or whatever hours to make payment before you sell to the next person.

If you're doing dibs, the best thing to do is, agree on a deadline for deal conclusion upfront. And be clear that if you go past that date/time, the 'dibser' knows they're out of luck. No mess, no faff... just business.

In today's world an eft takes less than 2 minutes to do. If someone has the time to communicate and call DIBS they have the time to do an eft. And if you cannot do the eft at the arranged time for any number of legitimate reasons, a whatsapp of phone call takes a couple of seconds. Communication is easy and free.

Unless the buyer has specifically told me they will do the eft at XX time, it's first come first served. I have too many times declined the 2nd dibs, only for the 1st dibs to ghost me, and as a result I have no sale at all.

Hi All!

What is a reasonable time to wait for the first who called "DIBS" to finalize sale before moving on?

I feel it is not my responsibility to remind you to complete the sale.

Especially once banking details have been provided.

I am not going to nag you to complete the sale.

I have been waiting for 48hours + now...

So how long till I get to move on to the other interested parties?

12 hours at most, anything longer than that is taking the piss.

Cash is king. end of story

In today's world an eft takes less than 2 minutes to do. If someone has the time to communicate and call DIBS they have the time to do an eft. And if you cannot do the eft at the arranged time for any number of legitimate reasons, a whatsapp of phone call takes a couple of seconds. Communication is easy and free.

Unless the buyer has specifically told me they will do the eft at XX time, it's first come first served. I have too many times declined the 2nd dibs, only for the 1st dibs to ghost me, and as a result I have no sale at all.

Exactly, thats how I bought the Thule rack from you  :thumbup:

Do unto others as you want done unto yourself.... thats my story.

Its a bit tricky once you have given out banking details, last thing you want it to sell it to someone else and then the original dibs caller deposits the money in your account.

I would get hold of them and ask if they are doing the deposit and explain that you will be selling it to someone else if they dont within x amount of time.

I don't have internet banking, my wife has however she never have money in her account...hehe, she's a spender!! So when I call dibs I have to run to her bank and deposit money into her account(after hours at the atm which half of the time is not working) and only then can she do an eft. So at least 24 hours would be suffice...

I don't have internet banking, my wife has however she never have money in her account...hehe, she's a spender!! So when I call dibs I have to run to her bank and deposit money into her account(after hours at the atm which half of the time is not working) and only then can she do an eft. So at least 24 hours would be suffice...

http://www.americanrevolution.org/clothing/frenchfashion2.jpg