Yo-Yo

I'm going to live chat with them later and try to find out the issue. 

Be prepared for some kind of default answer already lined up by them for this issue...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CRC:

"When you select a country on our website, the price of an item may change as this will include the relevant VAT rate. VAT is based on your selected shipping country.

Products such as Helmets, Children’s Clothing and Nutrition are VAT exempt in the UK. Products such as these can have a noticeable difference in price depending on your selected shipping country.

We do apply various pricing strategies to many different products depending on the selected country."

Me: 

​"So that strategy is to charge SA customers over 139 pounds more even with VAT excluded. Wow, that kind of makes me feel much like a undervalued customer for all the years I've been buying off you in SA"

CRC: 

"Prices are market lead for the delivery country.  We have no control on setting these or changing them unfortunately."

"Prices are market lead for the delivery country.  We have no control on setting these or changing them unfortunately."

Can the smarter guys please explain this for me. 

Do they link their price to the local market? And then say that they have no control? Which is BS as they choose their own markup %. Unless they have an agreement with the local guys and basically agree to a certain price. But would this not get them in hot water for price fixing?

short hand for suck it up cup cake- we saw what you are paying in SA, now we are matching those prices to milk you some more.

CRC:

"When you select a country on our website, the price of an item may change as this will include the relevant VAT rate. VAT is based on your selected shipping country.

Products such as Helmets, Children’s Clothing and Nutrition are VAT exempt in the UK. Products such as these can have a noticeable difference in price depending on your selected shipping country.

We do apply various pricing strategies to many different products depending on the selected country."

Me: 

​"So that strategy is to charge SA customers over 139 pounds more even with VAT excluded. Wow, that kind of makes me feel much like a undervalued customer for all the years I've been buying off you in SA"

CRC: 

Can the smarter guys please explain this for me. 

Do they link their price to the local market? And then say that they have no control? Which is BS as they choose their own markup %. Unless they have an agreement with the local guys and basically agree to a certain price. But would this not get them in hot water for price fixing?

Cycling mafia... ^_^ ...its all a conspiracy

best bet  - find someone in the uk that is coming to SA, buy it from CRC and deliver to them in uk and get them to bring it into SA

And get them to claim the UK VAT back at the same time.

I just did the CRC price comparison for the Manitou Fork between UK and Mauritius and the Mauritius price is the same as the SA price, so not sure if it is linked to the local market.  Even if you set it to the USA it is still the more expensive price.

Cycling mafia... ^_^ ...its all a conspiracy

Maybe time to get the competition commission involved? Price fixing is never to the advantage of the consumer. Just not sure whether they hold jurisdiction is it would be price fixing with an international company, and not truly within the whole market of SA

But then you pay UK VAT as they see it as a local purchase in UK-terms. If you ship here, VAT is excluded, but then you pay SA duties (VAT, customs etc), but you'd pay this anyway.

Do your sums before you buy I guess. Also, note that CRC rand prices are NOT based on accurate exchange rates, so caveat emptor

Find a country that crc will ship to for free and will be vat exempt, have the order sent to the Aramex global shopper address there, profit!!

Granted you can probably kiss the warranty good bye but maybe crc will honour it even once they discover you recently "moved" to Sa..

I wouldn't mind so much if it was easy to get the Mattoc locally as it is supposed to be a really good fork but trying to get information let alone buy one here is a nightmare. 

I am going to get it bought and sent to my friend in the UK and will work it out from there. I thought about waiting for Black Friday but 44% off isn't bad. 

i have a 50% off aramex global shopper invoice, i'll pm to you.

open aramex account, free with fnb/i think the hub has a voucher too

buy crc,

ship to aramex,

insert 50% off shipping

wait 2-3 days

pay aramex for duties and shipping

wait 3-4 days

parcel in your hands