Trek vs Momsen

Empty

I am looking at buying a new bike and have narrowed it down to 3 options:
1.) Trek Fuel EX 8
2.) Momsen Vipa Trail 1
3.) Santa Cruz Tall Boy (Aluminium version, D)
These are all within my price range of around R50k.

Anyone care to give me some advice? Which one do I go with or rather something completely different?

Look forward to your valued input!

Later,
Mark

Trek because the Momsen is well ... A Momsen *runs and hides 

The Santa Cruz is A damn good bike but I'll opt for the trek.

Some people will give more insight shortly

The new cambers are very good so is the spark 940 but every tweede Piet has one of those ( still worth it imo )

TREK ....

Disclaimer - I AM biased.  I LOVE my EX5.  Had another brilliant ride on it this morning !!  It just puts a smile on my dial .....

hang in there for a factual reply from some of the experts that can actually compare the different bikes.

If I had to hazard a real reply - go RIDE each.  Hopefully only one actually speaks to your soul ....

Trek or Tall Boy. Tallboy has a bit less travel. Choise would depend on your riding: More marathon, then Tallboy. Rougher descending , Trek.

I like the biuild spec and more travel on the Trek more, I would choose it between these two.

Momsen not in the same league imo.

Edited by Christie

Momsen - not my cup of tea.

Santa Cruz - not exactly value for money, you can get a better spec for the price from nearly any other brand, but it's an SC, and they are awesome bikes. If you plan to upgrade bits and pieces later on this would be my choice.

Trek - amazing bikes with a very respectable build. Between the 3 this would by my choice because of value for money proposition.

Other choices - Spez Camber Comp Carbon (you can pick up a 2017 model on clearance for under 50k now - this would be my number 1 choice in this class of bikes. The new Scott Spark is also great.

Go test ride them all - like KV says, you can't make an informed choice until you have spent some time in the saddle.