Cape Epic Prologue to dumb down The Glen trail?

Sarel See Monster

Rumour has it The Glen might receive a dumbed-down makeover for the 2018 Cape Epic prologue? Can anyone confirm this? This year's Epic saw unskilled riders at Hoogekraal Gorge Trail hurt themselves badly and if you compare The Gorge to The Glen the wipeouts will be far worse if The Glen is not dumbed-down. Cape Epic, please refrain from dumbing down and ruining a spectacular gem of a trail. One prologue is not worth destroying something that’s been rad for years. Keep your riders safe and rather consider diverting them down the tarmac.

It wouldn't make sense to go there no, as then there'd be quite a bit on tar.

As far as I'm concerned or remember the route is already out, and it does MF again and The SINGLE track again.

The glen would take out at least 40% of the field is my guess

But why would they go down there? Is the aim to have the prologue ride along the beach front like the cycle tour?

Taken from the Table Mountain Bikers newsletter this week.

"The Cape Epic have put in a proposal to pay for upgrading and repair of The Glen trail,which has been accepted and our friend Shaun and his Trail Troops will be contracted to do the work.More news when the Troops move in."

It's highly unlikely that the Epic will go down the Glen. Tar to get there and tar to get out. (those that manage to make it out)

Might be using Camps Bay High as the staging point for the start / finish, in which case it'd be the last descent. The tar climb out could take them to either TM or SH, but then that's even more tar on the route. 

Could it be that the Epic is pushing money into something they won't use in the race, but would be for the better of Cape Town riders?

Sjoe, If it's true then I will have to eat a lot of humble pie.

Highly unlikely... 

unless we sharing that pie

Could it be that the Epic is pushing money into something they won't use in the race, but would be for the better of Cape Town riders?

I can't see why not, Sean and the guys already doing some work at the mount pleasant single tracks.

... having said that, the epic crew spend a lot of time on time on table mountain, as to The Table Mountain bikers boss is also the boss of that other cycling organization

mmmm pie..