Please help me choose...

TheJ

So, I am in the fortunate position of being able to wheel a new bike out of the bikeshop. Something which I haven't don't in MANY years. A bit of background, I still race. But not XCO these days anymore, more longer marathons and things like Trans Baviaans. I'm not in the league to win Baviaans, but I still train and try do my best (11-12 hour rider). Earlier this year I cashed out on a small investment and bought a used, dual suspension MTB here on TheHub, 100mm travel front and rear. Great bike actually, super fast offroad.

But now father Christmas came around and a *new* bike is a possibility.

I have NO idea what to go for though... taking my background into consideration... what would you suggest? The options are the following, as they cost the same.

Momsen Vipa Race One

http://momsenbikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/race-one-features-panel.jpg

Momsen Vipa Trail One

http://momsenbikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/vipa-trail-one-features-panel.jpg

The head says to go for the Race One as I still race, but I already have a "race" bike. The heart is leaning to the Trail....

Edited by TheJ

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as you have a race bike, go for the trail. It's super versatile, will be able to handle the long kms comfortably, and just give you that extra confidence and fun factor when the trail points down. Check out the review on the Trail here - more than enough to convince me.

isn't it the same bike just another paint scheme?

I don't know the brand but just from the pics the geometries look a bit different.

they are different. 

Normal Vipa = 80mm rear 100mm front

Trail = 120/130

Also slacker angles. 

Cool. That's what I could gather from the pics. LOL I looked at the amount of exposed shock and how close the front wheel is to the frame and the stem angles.