What's up with Giant Neostrack?

FCH

I was pretty keen to give this unit a bash; with features vs price it looked like a valid option.

However, got a pretty grim response this morning from the Durbanville Giant store.... they have returned all the units and no longer sell it due to technical issues..... 

Can anyone enlighten the rest of us whats up?

I'll have a full review out shortly.

In short, I did not experience any issues with my unit during the 8 week period and was pretty impressed (considering the price) with how it functioned.

Bear in mind that it is a sample of one though.

Thanks Nick, I was pretty surprised to hear that they aren't selling it. 

In short, I did not experience any issues with my unit during the 8 week period and was pretty impressed (considering the price) with how it functioned.

HI

yours was a production version,off the same shipment as the Giant Durbanville units so all should perform the same.

looking forward to your review

• 2 weeks later...

Was just wondering whether there's any further news / info on the technical issues referred to above on the Giant Neos Track? The unit is so new there isn't much on the net, so I did some searching on the Bryton Rider 530 which the Giant Neos Track is based upon and couldn't find much (any) negative comments, so am puzzled as to why the Giant Neos Track would have technical issues? Wonder what kind of issues they had (over and above the cadence sensor mentioned above)? Software / hardware?