Fire ....AGAIN! (2018)

Slowbee

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

I could just not commit with work today.

There is a very fine line between brave and silly.

Rumour has it, that with the winds today at over 40km/hr, when flying should have been called off, he carried on. To save those houses he put it all on the line, literally and figuratively. But many homes were saved because of him and the teams he supported. 

My one friend said it was the closest he has ever come to a true firestorm, it was sheer outright chaos.

And just before Christmas ..... many business's were affected, let alone accommodation for guests.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, does anyone know where its buring in the Boland area? Smoke is thick and has been since Tuesday

Hi, does anyone know where its buring in the Boland area? Smoke is thick and has been since Tuesda

Apparently burning in the Hottentots-Holland catchment area, came over the mountains from Grabouw's side.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I should start another thread, but wow! Today's fire in Cape Town has been crazy!!

There has been some HUGE damage.

Rhodes Mem restaurant, Mostert's Mill and UCT library being 3 of the many bigger casualties. Speaking of which, I hope no lives were lost.
Social Media is just full of it, so I don't even know where to start linking.

Edit: I see that it's on the 'Hot off the Press' thread.
        Apologies for the repeat

Edited by splat