Zwift Q ant+ / & ride logging

Gitfo

Hi so... It seems my indoor trainer is zwift compatible and all i need to do is get a ant+ receiver for my laptop as i have garmin bike sensors. 

So, if someone can give me some insight on the following that would be great.
1. if i sync the CAD, SPD, HR sensors to zwift and do my ride will that ride be linked to my strava, top peak and Vitality points? 

2. Can i use garmin 235 ( that i usually record rides on, that syncs to garmin connect and then go to all the apps. ) and connect the sensors to zwift + garmin at the same time>?

Im going to do this anyway but would be nice not to have to do a few rides just to figure it out. Links to vids or forums is also appreciated. 

Zwift does not count for Vitality points, however if you record your HR on your Garmin and export that to Garmin Connect, you will get points.

What indoor trainer do you have?

Hi, I use the same setup with an old Cateye Cs2000 trainer, Garmin speed and cadance sensor, hr strap and fenix 3.

All you need are the Garmin ANT+ stick. Do not buy the cheap ones you get online. Rather spend the R800 or so for the real Garmin Ant+ and you wont have any problems.

Do not record the activity on your watch. You can link your strava and garmin account in the zwift app, and that will sync as a normal ride outdoors to all your accounts.

Enjoy Zwift!

Hi so... It seems my indoor trainer is zwift compatible and all i need to do is get a ant+ receiver for my laptop as i have garmin bike sensors. 

So, if someone can give me some insight on the following that would be great.

1. if i sync the CAD, SPD, HR sensors to zwift and do my ride will that ride be linked to my strava, top peak and Vitality points? 

2. Can i use garmin 235 ( that i usually record rides on, that syncs to garmin connect and then go to all the apps. ) and connect the sensors to zwift + garmin at the same time>?

Im going to do this anyway but would be nice not to have to do a few rides just to figure it out. Links to vids or forums is also appreciated. 

1. You can configure Zwift to upload direct to Strava, Garmin and Training peaks.  I suggest you dont connect zwift to garmin if you have a garmin device you are using. Rather upload your workout direct to garmin connect(which goes to Discovery), I found I would get two workouts showing up all over the place.  After breaking the connection in zwift i just get one, much cleaner (though this could have been a software update somewhere??).

2. Yes can connect all to everything at the same time. The devices all broadcast so there is no one to one relation.

I use the TACX flow with Garmin 910xt watch, strap and Garmin speed cadence sensor.  No issues at all just make sure when you get the ant device really close to your trainer.  I had to use a usb extension to get it closer as i would loose signal from time to time.

Enjot man Zwift is frikken amazing. Find it so much easier to knock out those weekday evening hour+ cycles now. Before i would seriously battle to get to an hour from just sheer boredom.

Edited by Davey_Jones

Hi, I use the same setup with an old Cateye Cs2000 trainer, Garmin speed and cadance sensor, hr strap and fenix 3.

All you need are the Garmin ANT+ stick. Do not buy the cheap ones you get online. Rather spend the R800 or so for the real Garmin Ant+ and you wont have any problems.

Do not record the activity on your watch. You can link your strava and garmin account in the zwift app, and that will sync as a normal ride outdoors to all your accounts.

Enjoy Zwift!

I'm sure you need to still record the ride on your Garmin device if you want Vitality points.

Thanx davey that clears up alot. So i connect the sensors to zwift for riding and feeding data but garmin records data for rideYup i get the boredom aswell and only leaving work after dark + december not worth

I have the cycleops pro fluid II

Vitality rewards get send to friends haha so not that important but allast it is a habit

Zwift does not count for Vitality points, however if you record your HR on your Garmin and export that to Garmin Connect, you will get points.

What indoor trainer do you have?

Ummm ill google that as i have two LBS one has garmin sensor other generic. So i still have time to choose thanx for the tip, i do like when things work properly

Enjoy Zwift!