Front brake or fork shudder

PepperM

Hi Hubbers, my front brakes and fork shudder under heavy braking, I tightened the headset and the axle but it didnt help. It is a new bike, so no worn parts. I did however notice a "line" all around the rotor. I rocked the bike forward and backwords and could not feel any play? The bike has storm hc rotors from magura and mt trail brakes. It is a enduro bike with minnion dhf 2.3 tires and heavy hope 35w wheels. Could the aggressive tread on the tyres cause this? Your help will be appreciated!

Best post a photo of the rotor

You say it is a new bike - if so you take it back to the supplier to check it out.

Most likely that the brake pads need adjusting or alignment or  they are dirty (oil)

Thanks guys, I bought all the parts and had my lbs built the bike for me. Will ask them to check. I did try to post a photo but it is larger than 2 mb.

My bike does the same, but only under light braking.. I cannot see any play anywhere in the front at all.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

I took some more photos, will post them now. The brake pads are there and some wear is also visible on the other side. It looks like I might need to replace the pads or rotor? Can this cause the shuddering?

http://themtblab.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/thesis_186/custom/images/2010/12/magura_storm.jpg

Similar markings on this pic. Could be alignment or not enough bed in time.

No I cannot feel the line, there is no scratches on the rotor, in total the bike has about 50km on it, everything is new. Will the shuddering disapear over time as the brakes get used more?

check if:

• rotor flat
  • caliper correctly aligned to the rotor
  • all bolts correctly tightened
  • pads present without localized contamination
Edited by Capricorn