Scammer: AVermaak 0736403926 0833380586 0735571325 0719242226 0780588679 0632361766

Matt

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

He just tried to sell a MTB tandem to me. His name is Danie Le Roux now, 071 768 4977, pretend to be a farmer in the Beaufort West area. Please be careful for this user, sound quite honest and sincere.

Hi All,

He just tried to sell a MTB tandem to me. His name is Danie Le Roux now, 071 768 4977, pretend to be a farmer in the Beaufort West area. Please be careful for this user, sound quite honest and sincere.

tell him a friend stays in BW area and wants to inspect the bike??

So i am now a statistic as well.

A guy called Danie Le Roux scammed me out of a 2k for a set of thule bike racks on Gumtree. He claims he is from Beaufort West and even phoned me after i said i dont think i want to do this and told me that we speak the same language (afrikaans) and he wont scam me. (idiot)

He has since gone silent, (even got a couple hundred extra out of me for postage), his whatsapps still deliver and he reads them, he does not answer when i phone.

His profile pic on whatsapp is of a Liesl le Roux photographer and i contacted her and she got back to me saying i am the second person that contacted her and she does not know him he used a photo from her online portfolio.

His details:

Name: Danie le Roux (apparently)

Cell: 0717684977

Email: Lerouxdaniebk@gmail.com

Gumtree profile: https://www.gumtree.co.za/u-seller-listings/danie/v1u113611380p1

FNB Account: 62598469601

I should've seen the warning signs but i thought i can trust him, he sounded like an older gentleman on the phone. So beware people.

Edited by Nick
Post merged from another topic.

Go into an FNB branch an deposit a R1 into his account multiple times
I think the cash deposit fee is about R60 for deposits at the branch

Use your name as a reference and a smiley face  :lol:

Not sure if this will work (if they have a minimum deposit amount), but if it does it sure will piss him off

Go into an FNB branch an deposit a R1 into his account multiple times

I think the cash deposit fee is about R60 for deposits at the branch

Use your name as a reference and a smiley face  :lol:

Not sure if this will work (if they have a minimum deposit amount), but if it does it sure will piss him off

You can get someone's FNB account blocked if you have a police case number open. So i am waiting on the other person to open the case then i will use that case number to get his account blocked and only myself can have it unblocked or if police case is resolved...

Hi All,

I gave him some of my money... :cursing:

Edited by Nick
Removed (now) broken link to merged topic.

A guy called Danie Le Roux scammed me out of a 2k for a set of thule bike racks on Gumtree. He claims he is from Beaufort West and even phoned me after i said i dont think i want to do this and told me that we speak the same language (afrikaans) and he wont scam me. (idiot)

He has since gone silent, (even got a couple hundred extra out of me for postage), his whatsapps still deliver and he reads them, he does not answer when i phone.

His profile pic on whatsapp is of a Liesl le Roux photographer and i contacted her and she got back to me saying i am the second person that contacted her and she does not know him he used a photo from her online portfolio.

His details:

Gumtree profile: https://www.gumtree.co.za/u-seller-listings/danie/v1u113611380p1

I should've seen the warning signs but i thought i can trust him, he sounded like an older gentleman on the phone. So beware people.

open a case at the police and report to the bank for fraud please 

His details:

See my post earlier with regards to trust just because he (well, the collection of them) speaks or comes across as an Afrikaans person.

I also tried now and did not pick up the number, that's not good!

Admin???

All i can think is it search headers and not the detail of the posts of the threads.