Robbery The Bicycle Company Nelspruit 10 November 2017

DCR PARTS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the video description:

Robbery at The bicycle Company Nelspruit on Friday 10th November. Total of 6 bikes taken.

2018 Trek Top Fuel 9.8 SL 17.5

2018 Trek Top Fuel 9.7 17.5

2018 Trek Top Fuel 9.7 19.5

2018 Cannondale Scalpel SI Carbon 1 large

2017 Cannondale Slice 105 54 cm

2017 Trek Lexa 2 52 Cm

They ran past a whole load of bikes to fetch exactly what they were looking for. So they know the store layout quite well.

Obviously.....who is interested in some kiddies bikes near the front door.This is an order.There is a market for high end bikes and parts

These idiots know what they want and go to the back to fetch it...

NO ALARM??? They had plenty of time...and don't mind the cars / trucks driving past.

The one guy looks like he has cyclist calves....  mmhhhh

And nearly decent sock length too

These guys are so relaxed. All the time in the world. I'm surprised they didn't haul out some camping chairs and a weber while they waited.

Cassie, I know you ordered one of those bikes to replace your Merida. Come on, own up :devil:

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  Please don't tell Derrick @ Merida  :devil:  LOL...keep it on the "down-low".

Some observations from my side:

• They arrive in a vehicle perfect for the intended crime, abnormal for non-specific petty thievery such as those seen in house break-ins, that are either super crappy or high-end luxury sedans.
  • Almost 30sec passes between exiting the car and starting work on the door that they spend looking out and visibly strategizing.
  • The door is not simply kicked down or reversed into with the getaway car. Time and effort is taken, targeting the lock particularly without causing any damage to the rest of the door, which almost takes 1min30sec.
  • As mentioned, they don't just grab the first big bikes they see. They go in for a specific set of bikes, ergo they have been in the store before too look at exactly what they want, and where it is located in the store and collect them without causing ANY additional damage in the store.
  • They close the door on their way out.

Odds are that these are not your run of the mill "steal to eat" type of SA criminals. People that bomb ATM's and cash in transit cars and those who do house breaks don't spend that much time carefully opening a lock, then closing a door when they are done. They usually make a mess of the place and grab anything they can find that they might be able to sell later. Had it been one of these cases, much more than 6 bikes would have been taken along with other valuables in the store, such as PC's etc.

What amazes me with all these bike shop break in's - and this is not an attack on the owners, merely an observation - is how the criminals always target the front door, and how easily they breach that door.

No bars, double locks, trellidoors, bugger all. It's simply a case of stop, pop and shop. Shop owners are making it too easy for these scumbags to operate.