Bikepacking the Trans-Ecuador Singletrack Route

Hello from a very long time lurker on this forum.

Over the last two years, I have been doing a lot of bikepacking type riding in ZA and in Lesotho, with my biggest trip being from PMB to Knysna, with numerous smaller trips in Lesotho.

Last year December, while crossing Lesotho from Maseru to Himeville, I ran into an American guy bikepacking in the opposite direction, we talked and spent a rest day together....one thing led to another, and now I'm en route to Ecuador to ride rhe Trans-Ecuador Singletrack Route with him (http://www.bikepacking.com/routes/trans-ecuador-singletrack).

I will be doing my best to keep my instagram account updated (@jagged_horizons) and time allowing, this forum as well, if anyone is interested....

Cheers

Jagged Horizons

Sounds Awesome I'll definitely keep an sye on your Travels.Wishing you Light winds and no flats.

Cheers Howard

Edited by HowardSteele

This looks awesome! 
"I won’t mince my words. There are sizeable sections to this ride that are nothing less than punishing; it’s the hardcore, singletrack and hike-a-bike obsessed brother to the more mellow dirt road version of TEMBR"
It's calling to me!

Enjoy it!  I look forward to seeing your trip

Edited by dirtypot

Please keep us updated. Sounds awesome. Following on instagram

Edited by Dusty

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys. I rode the route during November and December of 2017. Suffice to say it was physically the toughest thing I have ever done, but also one of the most rewarding experiences of my life :)

I apologise for not keeping Bikehub updated; my internet connectivity was limited :(

I will be doing a write up on my trip over the next few weeks which I will post here. In the mean time, there are plenty of pictures of riding in the Ecuadorian backcountry on my instagram account - @jagged_horizons

Edited by jagged_horizons