Which Vipa

Boerklong

Stuck between the 2016 Monsen Vipa xt and the 2017 Vipa 2 Di2.

2016 Vipa XT R45 500.

2017 Vipa 2 Di2 R49 500.

Some help will be awesome as these are the two bikes my girlfriends looking at buying.

I've checked the specs, but don't know anything about Di.

Edit: ONLY CONSIDERING THESE TWO BIKES. SO PLEASE DONT SUGGEST SOMETHING ELSE.

Thanks

Edited by Boerklong

Know nada about these bikes, but on the face of things, the Di2 is on the newer bike (yes, other than that the deltas may only be the paint), but for only 4k more, seems like a better deal.

But the truth is, which ever stands there and begs to be ridden more is the right choice, doesn't matter if it's a fixie or a top-of-the-range carbon rocket ship.... the one that begs more gets my vote.

Is the Di2 XT or XTR? I have never ridden electronic but for such a small difference in price I would go electronic. Is it 2x or 1x gearing?

Is she in a rush? Can she demo both? Interested in hearing feedback on the Di2 as i have not tried it yet. Other than mechanical/electronic are there any other major differences in spec between the two?

Is she in a rush? Can she demo both? Interested in hearing feedback on the Di2 as i have not tried it yet. Other than mechanical/electronic are there any other major differences in spec between the two?

Not able to demo them.

The special wont be running too long and stock levels aren't to high,so won't say she's in a rush, but time is limited.

There's only 1 left of the 2016 which is full xt. Apparently they had/have issues on the duel lock out system.

The Di2 is full xt.

Not trying to burst your bubble but before you buy the Momsen do a search on the hub and go thru the discussions aboutcracking and especially Warranty and back up

Not trying to burst your bubble but before you buy the Momsen do a search on the hub and go thru the discussions aboutcracking and especially Warranty and back up

Im one of the guys if one of those threads that had a very good warranty claim experience with Momsen

Ride both if you can.

The one thing about Di2 that is appealing is the Syncro-shift (or whatever it is called). It basically means that the bike will handle the shifting of the front derailleur automatically - all from just one shifter. 

This I like.

I wish my wife had Di2.