[Event] Recce MTB Mission

luthere

Event Name: Recce MTB Mission
When: 28 April 2018 - 29 May 2018
Where: Highland Gate, Dullstroom, Mpumulanga
Category: MTB

The Recce Mission events all start at the Fort Highland Recce Base on the edge of the Eastern Escarpment near Dullstroom in Mpumalanga. To complete the Recce Mission, mountain bikers or trail runners need to :

– Complete the physically and mentally tough Recce Mission within the allocated time

– Pass through several checkpoints (called CPs) along the routes

– Pass a number of strategic targets along the routes

– MTB riders or Trail Runners who do not make any of the time cut-offs have failed the mission. These MTB riders and Trail Runners can continue as Jammies, or they will be extracted and Returned-to-Unit (RTU).

Go to Event Page

Very excited (and nervous :eek: ) about this one. At least I have a reason to train over the Christmas period!  :w00t:  :thumbup:

luthere, just check the dates above and on the event page as linked - it is anywhere from 28 March to 28 June....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also did this last year. It's one of those events that stay with you long after the ride. I understand that there are very few participants this year. While it may not appeal to the masses, it would be a real pity if more endurance riders don't start participating. This is very much in the same sort of endurance event category as Baviaans, 36One, Cullinan2Tonteldoos etc. It's a hard race, make no mistake, but having done all sorts of events over the years, this one still remains special to me.

You won't be disappointed that you've done this.

I would love to do this race. The only problem is that it is over the long weekend.

To get accommodation is not easy and then they charge you an ass load because of the long weekend.

That is why I think the number are so low this year

I also did this last year. It's one of those events that stay with you long after the ride. I understand that there are very few participants this year. While it may not appeal to the masses, it would be a real pity if more endurance riders don't start participating. This is very much in the same sort of endurance event category as Baviaans, 36One, Cullinan2Tonteldoos etc. It's a hard race, make no mistake, but having done all sorts of events over the years, this one still remains special to me.

You won't be disappointed that you've done this.

Would like to do this one, but the timing is not the greatest, being a week after 36One - my @$$ will die a thousand deaths.  JoBerg2C is also on the go as well.  C2T was a month ago - probably not a lot of people doing 2 ultra's in the space of 1 month.

Good luck to those going.

Another hubber in the mix! Looking forward to it, will be the longest I've ever done. Physically more or less ready, mentally really amped and keen to go. Packing and repacking and deciding on ammo box contents for the last week.

Another hubber in the mix! Looking forward to it, will be the longest I've ever done. Physically more or less ready, mentally really amped and keen to go. Packing and repacking and deciding on ammo box contents for the last week.

Dont worry to much about it. Most important part is to put the right clothes and lights  in the crates. The night part will be cold. 

itwashardcore

That must be the shortest trip report ever.....

Please Sir, could we have some more...?