Keep the Morewoods or sell?

Mongooser

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief now that I read my post I actually feel bad. Ignore the tone. My intention was only to help. A lesson in grammar that came across as petty. Truth is I know the kid. And I feel for him since he keeps breaking everything. 

If one doesn't learn correct grammar as a kid the chances of learning as an adult are slim.  Tone was a bit rough but don't feel bad :)

For Pete's sake. 

'They're' is an abbreviation for 'they are' 

eg. Those two Morewoods you own are pretty much the same bike.

Theyire or Theyre r both 180mm bikes if I'm not mistaken.

So getting rid of at least one of them kinda makes sense. 

Thier means 'belonging to' or 'associated with' something previously mentioned.

eg. In ten years all the plebs who were saying: 'I should never have sold my Shova.'

Will be looking at old Morewood frames with stars in theyir eyes.

If they were my bikes I wouldn't sell them. I would hang on to at least one.

You have yourself something special there. The frames are bombproof. The fact that they're still in one piece after being under you for this long are testament enough to how well they were made. Morewood the brand may be dead. And the old frames themselves may not have much intrinsic value...right now. But that's the point. It doesn't look like there will ever be another Morewood bike again. And therein lies the value.

If you're on a budget and have no time for tributes and/or history. If all that matters is having a solid bike beneath you then sell them. Do what you feel is best for you. Just remember. There really is no such thing as an indestructible bike. Bikes are temporary. Like everything else. Some brands are harder to get parts for than others sure. But I'm willing to bet the Demo you have lined up may be just as much a pain in the ass to maintain as those Morewoods. 

FIXED it hehe

Side note should probs remember that so i don't get beaten up by grammar nazi lol...

Right now i don't care what brand, i just need a reliable bike for my racing next year

and i have a 5 day DH camp coming up, I have 20 days to sort this out if not im 

not going to have a bike to use, 

Mmm, I see the site is gone. Looked at it a few weeks ago and it was running.

Anyone know what happened to the Momsen team up that was announced a year or two back?

Is that not how the Vipa was made?

FIXED it hehe

Side note should probs remember that so i don't get beaten up by grammar nazi lol...

Right now i don't care what brand, i just need a reliable bike for my racing next year

Cole, riding bikes is important, but grammar is importanter.......  :ph34r:

There must be some old stock hangars 'hanging' around a warehouse somewhere.... Maybe ask Momsen?

I thought Morewood had made a prototype 140mm 'enduro' bike that was tested at last years Crank Chaos in Lesotho..... meh. Either way, the bikes are actually rad so I would hold onto them. Or one at least

Owabout..... trying the German agents?

They might have stock and send you one or two.....

Can’t think of their name at the moment..... probably hit me later

For Pete's sake. 

'They're' is an abbreviation for 'they are' 

eg. Those two Morewoods you own are pretty much the same bike.

They're or They are both 180mm bikes if I'm not mistaken.

So getting rid of at least one of them kinda makes sense. 

Their means 'belonging to' or 'associated with' something previously mentioned.

eg. In ten years all the plebs who were saying: 'I should never have sold my Shova.'

Will be looking at old Morewood frames with stars in their eyes.

If they were my bikes I wouldn't sell them. I would hang on to at least one.

You have yourself something special there. The frames are bombproof. The fact that they're still in one piece after being under you for this long are testament enough to how well they were made. Morewood the brand may be dead. And the old frames themselves may not have much intrinsic value...right now. But that's the point. It doesn't look like there will ever be another Morewood bike again. And therein lies the value.

If you're on a budget and have no time for tributes and/or history. If all that matters is having a solid bike beneath you then sell them. Do what you feel is best for you. Just remember. There really is no such thing as an indestructible bike. Bikes are temporary. Like everything else. Some brands are harder to get parts for than others sure. But I'm willing to bet the Demo you have lined up may be just as much a pain in the ass to maintain as those Morewoods. 

Their their now.....

I still have mine.. And I've no plans of selling it or replacing it. I still have a spare hanger.. And since the original is now ten years old and if it breaks tomorrow I still have another ten years with the bike. It's a perfectly good bike that does its job and has some the job for the past ten years...I can think of better things to do with 40k.. Because that's what it will cost to replace it. The arguments in this thread for replacing it are laughable

Edited by Stretch

Owabout..... trying the German agents?

They might have stock and send you one or two.....

Can’t think of their name at the moment..... probably hit me later

buying international wont get here in 17 days,

or it will cost as much as

just having it machined or something with shipping. going to ask some people i know with makulus if they have..

Ive been talking to a lot of the pros racers ex sponsored riders and business guys about Morewood

most of them are saying Morewoods pretty much dead. the shop is down and so is they're actual site 

has been for awhile now.

I own 2 of they're bikes, Shova LT and a Kalula, last week some twat rode into me and broke my hanger

I cant get one now. Ive tried emails contacting the owner,Nothing. 3 months ago i managed to barely get a hanger for the shova lt.

Should i be hanging on to bikes that I cant get spares for or should i sell them

or should i be keeping the 2 bikes... I dont want to sit with 2 bikes i cant fix or sell

Opinions would help thanks.

Post a pic of the hanger. Maybe it's not a MW propriety part.

For other guys having a hard time to find hangers try this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/popular/derailleur-hanger.html

I still have mine.. And I've no plans of selling it or replacing it. I still have a spare hanger.. And since the original is now ten years old and if it breaks tomorrow I still have another ten years with the bike. It's a perfectly good bike that does its job and has some the job for the past ten years...I can think of better things to do with 40k.. Because that's what it will cost to replace it. The arguments in this thread for replacing it are laughable

I don't need or want another bike..so thank you I will also keep my Morewood..also we have a few spare hanger brackets..

Always said I would replace the Morewood when it breaks..I haven't managed to break it..cause she is tough like that.[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

FIXED it hehe

No buddy I'm sorry for being a 100mm stem. Listen.

I can still help with the back wheel. And I've got someone who can CNC the hanger. 

He's always busy though so still waiting on a hanger someone else needs.

Like I said before. Swing by. 

Although. I've recently built up an old Mongoose Tyax for a friend. He smashed his hanger too. 

So I got a hanger which was closest to what I needed and grinded away till it fit.

Not perfect. But does the job as well as well as the intended hanger would have.

By the looks of it that hanger you need should be easy to fashion out of something you can find locally. Just make sure its bigger than that. Then grind, file and sand the bugger down to size.