Trek Black Friday Deals

News bot

The big day is almost here. Enjoy deep discounts on must-have gifts for cyclists November 24 – November 27.

We’re kicking off the holiday shopping season with a Black Friday sale full of can’t-miss deals for cyclists. Swing by your local Trek retailer from Friday, November 24 through Monday, November 27 to take advantage of steep discounts on our range of selected road, mountain and city bikes.

Click here to view the article

Got my email from Cycle4Life, TREK dealer in Paarl, this morning.

MUCH more on special than in the linked article :) :)

some really nice bikes !!

Not sure if it is just me, but these discounts seem like peanuts compared to what is seen internationally.

For Example, CRC offering +/- 30% discounts on bikes.  

Their Black Friday specials (as per the email sent out) :

Trek Emonda SL6 Pro : 37% discount

Trek Emonda ALR4 : 34% discount

Trek X-Caliber 9 : 31% discount

Trek X-Caliber 7 : 23% discount

Their Black Friday specials (as per the email sent out) :

Trek Emonda SL6 Pro : 37% discount

Trek Emonda ALR4 : 34% discount

Trek X-Caliber 9 : 31% discount

Trek X-Caliber 7 : 23% discount

They need a 45% on Madone. Think anything below 45% discount should not be allowed to be called black friday. 

They need a 45% on Madone. Think anything below 45% discount should not be allowed to be called black friday. 

At least a REAL 30% is better than some of the inflated discounts you KNOW that other stores will be punting ... you remember the threads of last year where people pointed out RRP that were inflated to "show" a good discount .....

The 2017 Madone 9.5 Was R139,999, now only R99,999, that is a savings of almost 30%

There is however a VERY limited no of bikes left

139 999.99, why dont they just say 140k, are they trying to make it sound cheap ?

Yes I may be bitter and terribly jealous as I cannot afford a bike that cost so much.

Anyhoo,

isnt it an indication that margins are a bit out of line when you can smack 40k off for an arbitrary day sale called black friday.

Must be awesome to ride though !!

At least a REAL 30% is better than some of the inflated discounts you KNOW that other stores will be punting ... you remember the threads of last year where people pointed out RRP that were inflated to "show" a good discount .....

Hoping you're wrong, but you're probably spot on.! :(

I concur.

139 999.99,

Anyhoo,

isnt it an indication that margins are a bit out of line when you can smack 40k off for an arbitrary day sale called black friday.

!!

Not necessarily. They are probably not making decent margin on the sale, but it's not the point.

If they bought 40 bikes in, sold 35 them at full margin, and are sitting with 5 units that are taking up capital that can be used to land next year's stock, selling these units at just about cost+vat is still way better than sitting with money locked up in fullargin bikes.

Big retailers like sportsman's warehouse and Cape Union Mart has these kind of sales 2x a year, and stock older than a year will even be marked down to way under cost, in an attempt to "get the rats and mice out."

The 2017 Madone 9.5 Was R139,999, now only R99,999, that is a savings of almost 30%

Note that it is the 2017 model hence a clearance as PhillipV points out...

I hate it when people go all crazy for BLACK FRIDAY or such discount driven "sales" events because people have been brainwashed into thinking that they are getting a good deal.

Why not just give everyone a good deal from the start instead of making things so expensive in the first place it's plain rubbish.

Hoping you're wrong, but you're probably spot on.! :(

Just saw the Garmin 520 combo set on a very special black Friday special price ... SAME price I paid for it a few months back .....

@ Cycle4Life-Paarl do you know if the Procaliber frameset will be discounted?