Trek Black Friday Deals

News bot

I hate it when people go all crazy for BLACK FRIDAY or such discount driven "sales" events because people have been brainwashed into thinking that they are getting a good deal.

Why not just give everyone a good deal from the start instead of making things so expensive in the first place it's plain rubbish.

I'm going to guess that you don't sell things for a living? Buying low and selling high is kind of the point.

But I agree with you about people going crazy. What people don't seem to realise is that if you buy a R1000 item you didn't need at R600, you didn't save R400, you spent R600.

Now if the item on sale is a R600 marked up to R1000 and then magically reduced to R600 for sale day, well then the only person scoring is the retailer.

Was in contact with 2 of the official Black Friday Trek dealers today and both of them do NOT offer this special as advertised by Trek SA or they are not aware of it. What's going on Trek SA? I mean, you can't advertise something like this and then not provide it at all.

Edit: Best Bikes sorted me out very quickly.

Hi Mieliemile, sorry to hear about your experience, this is certainly not inline with our ethos. Please can you pop us an email with your details to info_TrekSA@trekbikes.com as we would like to investigate this query.  Thanks so much.