Which Sunglasses

andreas17777

Well not those ones [emoji38] , but these do look classy:

Especially when the light falls just right and from the right angle

Shame bless him ....fortunately coolness or lack thereof doesn't determine how fast you ride.[emoji12]

But those Oakleys you posted in your original post...[emoji7]fc5d162436b88854eca775b8dd1aa69e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked at the oakley lenses and saw that the prism lenses are made for a specific use like trial or road etc. Wouldn't it be better to get a polarised lens? or polarised prism

I find the polarised lenses too dark for mountain biking but they are lekker on the road. Have a set of Prizm Trail lenses for on the MTB.

Edit: HAD a set of Prizm Trail lenses :P

Edited by Jehosefat

So no one got the bolle's? 

Years ago they were the glasses to have(late 80s early 90s). They have only recently come back to the market here.

Check my Bolle Edge 2's, bought them new in 1993. Found them again 3 months ago when my parents moved. I used them a few weeks ago and they're still perfect!

post-71302-0-78500200-1511286334_thumb.jpg

Have a pair of Oakley Racing Jackets that I LOVE. Best sunglasses I've ever had (although, if truth be told, I've always had cheapies). They're really scratched (I need new lenses), so (as an interim measure) picked up a pair of Rudy Project Swiftys on Takealot with Discovery Miles for about R1100. Photocromic. They're the second best pair of sunglasses I've ever had (again, I come off a very low base because before the Oakleys, the most I had ever spent on a pair of sunglasses was R300). I like the photocromic part - you can start your ride in the dark with your shades on and have sunglasses on when the sun comes up.

I've looked at the oakley lenses and saw that the prism lenses are made for a specific use like trial or road etc. Wouldn't it be better to get a polarised lens? or polarised prism

Check out the prizm ruby.

Personally I really don't like the polarized lens.  Small things like I can't see my phones camera with them on. 

I love my Oakleys.  They came with 2 lenses and as I scratched the darker ones (my fault), I have been uses the light lenses for a few years now and they are awesome for mtbing as you can still see when in the forest, but have enough protection in full sun.

Yes they cost a lot, but they last for years.

What I have found is don't pick a pair of which the 'arm' is to wide at the front / hinge part as it might impact your peripheral vision possibly causing a 'blind spot'. 

(It will also cause you to turn your head more to observe your 5/7 o'clock surrounds,)

Edited by Pieter-za

There is no debate here. Prizm Trail. For me, it's one of those upgrades that stick out as one of the best bike related upgrades I have ever made.

I have a few brands, Rudy's, Swisseye and Uvex. I got the Uvex as my training glasses and although the cheapest by far I prefer them, fit perfect and do not mist up.

Check my Bolle Edge 2's, bought them new in 1993. Found them again 3 months ago when my parents moved. I used them a few weeks ago and they're still perfect!

I lost interest in Bolle when they stopped making the Microedge i all the weird colours.

They were very popular with the triathletes and beach volleyball players in the 90's.

s-l1600.jpg

What about 100% Speedcraft? They come with the added benefit that when you put them on Motley Crue starts playing in your head.