Gremeltech Ebikes - Importers & Distributors of Bosch Powered Centurion Ebikes in SA

GremEBikes

Are you guys associated with Bosch SA?  :ph34r:

No our affliation with Bosch is purely through the suppliers of the bikes that we provide who in turn warrant the Bosch components.

Edited by GremEBikes

One of my biggest concerns with ebikes is the longevity of the battery.

Not meaning how quickly it degenerates but rather how long it lasts. If a typical rider does 10 000km's per year on his ebike (which is also unlikely if he still has a normal pedal bike) then that battery will last him the best part of 5 to 6 years +.

The rate battery and ebike technology is expanding, the chances of you getting a match for that battery in 6 yrs time is very slim so you'll basically have to write the bike off and buy a new one.

What's your take on this GremEbikes?

One of my biggest concerns with ebikes is the longevity of the battery.

Not meaning how quickly it degenerates but rather how long it lasts. If a typical rider does 10 000km's per year on his ebike (which is also unlikely if he still has a normal pedal bike) then that battery will last him the best part of 5 to 6 years +.

The rate battery and ebike technology is expanding, the chances of you getting a match for that battery in 6 yrs time is very slim so you'll basically have to write the bike off and buy a new one.

What's your take on this GremEbikes?

Hi BufferSA,

Thank you for this enquiry and this is a very valid point. Not everyone has money to write off on a bike that you will not have the full use of features on over that period of time. However i have been advised by Bosch themselves (International) that as part of their guarantee they will in fact carry the replacement spares for a MINIMUM of 8 years AFTER end of production. So this should set you mind at ease.

• 1 month later...

Morning Gremeltech gents. Are you only going to distribute complete ebikes, or are you also going to distribute Bosch e-bike motors, controllers and batteries into the market for conversion of exisiting pedal bikes to e-bikes?

front chainwheel turns about 2,5 faster than your crank, so you can calculate 15x2.5=37.5

Is the front chainring not attached to the crank then? Is there is gear between crank and chainring?

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

Coming back to this thread. Just to let you know that Gremeltech Ebikes now have stock of tour/commuter bikes, full suspension and hard tail Centurion Ebikes in stock. We also do the diagnostics on ALL bosch ebikes and do updating of firmware. (latest software comes with really nice features to the Sport and Turbo settings)