Non Boost to Boost adapter kit

doppelganger

Hi Guys

I hope somebody can help me. I have been looking around for a kit and can't really find anything locally.

I have a 15x100 front hub and just bought a new fork (very good deal). The fork is 15x110.

Now I have seen some of these adapter kits online but can't find stock locally. Many bike shops don't even seem to know what I'm talking about.

Anybody here with some knowledge, or somebody that actually did it before?

Saw this on Evobikes, but no stock

https://www.evobikes.co.za/wheels/wheelset-accessories/wolftooth-boostinator-hr-rear-hope-pro-2-evo.html

post-27899-0-49825500-1511764802_thumb.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

I hope somebody can help me. I have been looking around for a kit and can't really find anything locally.

I have a 15x100 front hub and just bought a new fork (very good deal). The fork is 15x110.

Now I have seen some of these adapter kits online but can't find stock locally. Many bike shops don't even seem to know what I'm talking about.

https://www.evobikes.co.za/wheels/wheelset-accessories/wolftooth-boostinator-hr-rear-hope-pro-2-evo.html

We will have stock again by the end of the week...

Hi Guys

That's for the rear, you need this for the front hub (if you have hope pro 2 hubs). Also, you'll need to have your wheel dished as the extra 10mm is added to the drive side, and the rim won't be centre anymore.

It is for the front, pic was just a sample.

I didn't consider the dishing of the wheel, thanx for that.

I reckon I will rather just build up a new front wheel.

That's for the rear, you need this for the front hub (if you have hope pro 2 hubs). Also, you'll need to have your wheel dished as the extra 10mm is added to the drive side, and the rim won't be centre anymore.

• 11 months later...

Just bought a boost fork now need an adapter from 100mm to 110mm for my giant tracker hub!

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced one or have a diy solution?

Seems silly to pay almost the price of a new hub for an adapter!!

Hi Guys

You also may need to re-dish your wheel.  I have a set of Traverse wheels that I wanted to use on my Epic but when fitting the wheel was off centre on the rear of the frame.

It is for the front, pic was just a sample.

I didn't consider the dishing of the wheel, thanx for that.

I reckon I will rather just build up a new front wheel.

What hub you got? The MRP boost adapter doesn't force you to re-dish the wheel and it goes for ~650 from trailtech cycles Works with hope, CK, i9, DT & stans

Mine has just arrived, but give Bibi a shout and he'll be a me to sort you out

https://trailtechcycles.co.za/product/mrp-better-boost-adapter-kits/

Edited by Cptmayhem

What hub you got? The MRP boost adapter doesn't force you to re-dish the wheel and it goes for ~650 from trailtech cycles Works with hope, CK, i9, DT & stans

Mine has just arrived, but give Bibi a shout and he'll be a me to sort you out

https://trailtechcycles.co.za/product/mrp-better-boost-adapter-kits/

just to clarify. Sorry. Mine was fine on the front but I would have to re-dish the rear wheel

just to clarify. Sorry. Mine was fine on the front but I would have to re-dish the rear wheel

Yeah, re-dishing the rear is unavoidable due to the derailleur being clamped to the frame and you need to retain the orientation of the cassette, so you can only put a spacer on the non drive side. Front you can get away with no re-dishing if you get a spacer like the MRP

Just bought a boost fork now need an adapter from 100mm to 110mm for my giant tracker hub!

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced one or have a diy solution?

Seems silly to pay almost the price of a new hub for an adapter!!

I don't think the tracker hub has swappable end caps. Think it's 15x100 only. In which case, you need the brake disc spacer like in the MRP and Woolftooth lot, and 2 5mm wide spacers with a 15mm internal diameter to put next to your giant hubs end caps. It's in tension so it will work well if it's the right ID and you get them cut properly.

That, or a new front hub and a wheel rebuild. Or a boost front wheel.

Edited by Cptmayhem

I don't think the tracker hub has swappable end caps. Think it's 15x100 only. In which case, you need the brake disc spacer like in the MRP and Woolftooth lot, and 2 5mm wide spacers with a 15mm internal diameter to put next to your giant hubs end caps. It's in tension so it will work well if it's the right ID and you get them cut properly.

That, or a new front hub and a wheel rebuild. Or a boost front wheel.

Thanks

been thinking I might try something like that get an engineer to cut the disc mount off an old hub and see if I can't source the spacers from an industrial supplier.

Kits are available on ebay, amazon etc but then it's the wait for them to arrive.

Was hoping there is something available locally!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Hub-Adapter-Thru-Axle-15mm-x-100mm-to-110mm-Boost-Fork-Conversion-Kit-D/253223700837?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160323102634%26meid%3Df9878686f1b544b6995e7d4ef9bfe013%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D251954078141%26itm%3D253223700837&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1#shpCntId  

Thanks

been thinking I might try something like that get an engineer to cut the disc mount off an old hub and see if I can't source the spacers from an industrial supplier.

Kits are available on ebay, amazon etc but then it's the wait for them to arrive.

Was hoping there is something available locally!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Hub-Adapter-Thru-Axle-15mm-x-100mm-to-110mm-Boost-Fork-Conversion-Kit-D/253223700837?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160323102634%26meid%3Df9878686f1b544b6995e7d4ef9bfe013%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D251954078141%26itm%3D253223700837&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1#shpCntId

5mm Alu flat bar with holes cut where they need to go. 6 for the disc mount bolts and one in the centre for the axle