Cyclist down R27 past Black river in Paarden Island

Cacey

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the cyclist is ok & has a Speedy recovery.

I can already see this is going to cause some waves as there is a Bikelane\path less than 100 meters away. We are simply forced to put our lives in danger to avoid the bike path because of the attacks & muggings there.

Hello ladies and gents,

I wa that stricken cyclist. My first decent ride for well over a month and it ends with me in hospital: concussion and a large haematoma on my left thigh.

Thanks for the concern it is very much appreciated.

Hello ladies and gents,

I wa that stricken cyclist. My first decent ride for well over a month and it ends with me in hospital: concussion and a large haematoma on my left thigh.

Thanks for the concern it is very much appreciated.

But is the bike ok??? ????

Hope you recover quickly.

Hey cfcjim,

Glad to hear that you are okay. I was taken down by a car in almost the same spot a few years ago. Hope you recover soon.

Hey cfcjim,

Glad to hear that you are okay. I was taken down by a car in almost the same spot a few years ago. Hope you recover soon.

Yes, my bike is fine. It is with the kind geezer.

I tucked the font end on some sand which had blown onto the shoulder (apparently). I then smacked my head breaking my lid in two places, falling into the carriageway in the process.

A very kind felliow then stopped the traffic in the left hand lane, and revived me whilst calling an ambulance.

The ambulance crew were fantastic and probably saved my life.

I couldn’t remember what day of the week it was and only when my partner came to see me at the hospital did I remember I was on leave.

Concussion: it’s. A bit weird...

Yes, my bike is fine. It is with the kind geezer.

I tucked the font end on some sand which had blown onto the shoulder (apparently). I then smacked my head breaking my lid in two places, falling into the carriageway in the process.

A very kind felliow then stopped the traffic in the left hand lane, and revived me whilst calling an ambulance.

The ambulance crew were fantastic and probably saved my life.

I couldn’t remember what day of the week it was and only when my partner came to see me at the hospital did I remember I was on leave.

Concussion: it’s. A bit weird...

Best of luck in recovering well enough to get back on the bike soon.

Very glad your OK ; heal up soon. To the Crew and the People who came to your aid; You "Guys " ROCK  !! Stay safe out there and have fun.

Ciao