2017 Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

LeoKnight

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon reaching the top of Helshoogte I knew it was gonna be wet since I could not see Wemershoek. It was damp in Pniel and gradually got more moist (wet in Pnoes).  :whistling:

Had to stop twice with a dropped chain (long story). Saw the aftermath of a bad crash at the N1 bridge. Marshall on the phone with blood on his bib. When I reached Klapmuts the ambulance came from the front.

Anyone know what happened?

He didn't even finish the W2W how can you believe his weather prediction

...comic sans not available from my mobile

Upon reaching the top of Helshoogte I knew it was gonna be wet since I could not see Wemershoek. It was damp in Pniel and gradually got more moist (wet in Pnoes). :whistling:

Had to stop twice with a dropped chain (long story). Saw the aftermath of a bad crash at the N1 bridge. Marshall on the phone with blood on his bib. When I reached Klapmuts the ambulance came from the front.

Anyone know what happened?

That was the 2a crash. We were belting downhill towards the bridge in pissing rain and some rocket scientist at the front dropped anchors. Road bikes don’t stop in the wet. It was NASTY. I honestly don’t know how I missed the bikes everywhere. Riders ALL around hit the deck at 60km/h

That was the 2a crash. We were belting downhill towards the bridge in pissing rain and some rocket scientist at the front dropped anchors. Road bikes don’t stop in the wet. It was NASTY. I honestly don’t know how I missed the bikes everywhere. Riders ALL around hit the deck at 60km/h

You still around, nice to hear

Just when I was thinking of returning to road cycling

You still around, nice to hear

After this morning I’m barely around. I’m too unfit to being doing stupid things like Riding 100km races with no training ????

Was wet, wet and fast... Some nasty crashes in big peloton comprising groups 1c - 2A. Especially near the N1 crossing on R44. Hoping everyone is OK

What fun was that race. For sure more enjoyable than hectic heat or stormy wind.

Had a puncture at Wemmershoek which did impact the available groups, but did enjoy putting in some time out front on my mtb with a bunch of roadies behind me.

on another point my Garmin 520 totally messed up on the total ascent, seems that everyone is lying to us and the route ia just 540m climbing with a very flat second part.

What fun was that race. For sure more enjoyable than hectic heat or stormy wind.

Had a puncture at Wemmershoek which did impact the available groups, but did enjoy putting in some time out front on my mtb with a bunch of roadies behind me.

on another point my Garmin 520 totally messed up on the total ascent, seems that everyone is lying to us and the route ia just 540m climbing with a very flat second part.

Puncture and mountain bike does not go together when riding on tar....