Trail Daze | Best of 2017

ewaldsadie

Vote for your favourite Trail Daze of 2017 and you could win a Trail Daze Photobook  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which Trail Daze episode was your favourite? (You need to login to vote)

• Cape Town - Part 2
    • Witfontein
    • Jungle fever in the Garden Route
    • Fatbiking the Garden Route
    • Jonkershoek Revisited
    • Karkloof Revisited

Looking back at the best of Trail Daze 2017, and the wrap of a three year long passion project. After three amazing but challenging years of documenting South Africa’s finest trails, the Trail Daze project has punched its final ticket. From Cape Town to KZN, we’ve travelled the country to try and bring justice to […]

View full article

Jonkershoek for the win!

They're all great, but Jonkershoek is just in it's own league.

[edit] - Forgot to thank the Trail Daze team for increasing the drool factor, and really bringing home to those of us stuck in the 8-5 rut why MTB is just such an insanely good adventure to be a part of, and making the wait for the weekend just so worth it. Thanks for this series, it was awesome, and I really enjoyed the surprises that were revealed when I opened the latest article that got posted here.   :thumbup:

Jonkershoek for the win!

They're all great, but Jonkershoek is just in it's own league.

[edit] - Forgot to thank the Trail Daze team for increasing the drool factor, and really bringing home to those of us stuck in the 8-5 rut why MTB is just such an insanely good adventure to be a part of, and making the wait for the weekend just so worth it. Thanks for this series, it was awesome, and I really enjoyed the surprises that were revealed when I opened the latest article that got posted here.   :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words Robbie! Glad we could inspire you to get to get out and ride. And I'd have to agree on the bit about Jonkershoek :)

Karkloof man! You can get lost in that place with the amount of trails they have. And then just over the hill there's Howick as well. Not to mention how the trails move from plantations to open fields. It's just such a unique experience.

I've ridden pretty much every trail in this list, so I voted for the one that I have not purely because it looks like an amazing adventure:  The Fatbiking.

Damn MTB is amazing, and to have it shot so well, this is just winning.   We often get caught up in the fact that Zuma is busy destroying SA, crime etc is mad, the Rand is f*****, etc etc, but looking at these pics, reminds me why we're lucky to live here.   That Signal Hill loop is amazing to do after meetings, Jonkers on a Saturday whilst my GF hits the market, and then GRTP for a weekend away... just so freaking amazing.

Well done guys, your articles and photography have been off the charts.  I have thoroughly enjoyed all the work you've done.  You really have captured the essence of what MTB is all about.

You're an amazing photog, you are capable of making Dan Dob look good!

look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Thanks dude! Hopefully much more to come soon! 

Karkloof man! You can get lost in that place with the amount of trails they have. And then just over the hill there's Howick as well. Not to mention how the trails move from plantations to open fields. It's just such a unique experience.

Very true. I've visited that place 3 times now, and every time I realise how fast it is, and how much more there is to ride. Hylton and his crew have been very busy over the years and we're so lucky to have that sort of dedication.

I've ridden pretty much every trail in this list, so I voted for the one that I have not purely because it looks like an amazing adventure:  The Fatbiking.

Damn MTB is amazing, and to have it shot so well, this is just winning.   We often get caught up in the fact that Zuma is busy destroying SA, crime etc is mad, the Rand is ******, etc etc, but looking at these pics, reminds me why we're lucky to live here.   That Signal Hill loop is amazing to do after meetings, Jonkers on a Saturday whilst my GF hits the market, and then GRTP for a weekend away... just so freaking amazing.

Unfortunately there's so much hate towards fatbiking, specially in SA, but it really works well on that sort of mission. And that stretch of coastline is just next level, so everything came together nicely on that trip :)

And **** Zuma.

Well done guys, your articles and photography have been off the charts.  I have thoroughly enjoyed all the work you've done.  You really have captured the essence of what MTB is all about.

Thanks dude! Happy to hear the positive feedback!

Kief. Looking forward to your next projects.

And thanks, the stoke provided by Trail Daze has always had me amped to ride. Success.

Great job Ewald. You know I love your work  :thumbup:

And thanks for including me and our neck of the woods in your project. 

Voted, but you know I'm bias  :whistling: