Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

So many guys have been caught cheating, even in recent years where testing is much more stringent, that there can really be no surprise when questions are asked.

I'll be gutted if yesterday turns out to be anything other than a calculated and prepared for ride that was always planned to coincide with the rest of the field, regardless of who the top 10 were, being worn out & tired.  

I'm happy to believe that the many "day long" training rides Chris spent in and around The Cradle in SA during the off season were all part of the "Third Grand Tour" plan. 

At the Vuelta the other year Team Sky shat the bed and in a single day Chris waved goodbye to any chance of winning the race. Yesterday was the reverse of that.

Let's see what happens today . . .

Yeah, i'm with you... hope like hell that all's on the level, defend them to the hilt... then when you find they're testing +ve, out with the pitchforks!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I've been scarce here over the last few weeks due to being so busy with work but I still get to read through all the comments. 

Man oh man what an absolutely amazing, masterful ride by Froome. The strategy was so simple and yet so effective. On a stage like yesterday with so many huge climbs, Sky knew that if they could ride all the gc guys' support riders off their wheels early on in the race it would just come down to a battle between the last few gc riders who could sustain that fierce tempo in the beginning. Thereafter it would basically be a competition between who can climb/ descend/ TT and take risks better than Froome all by themselves without the help from their teammates as the guys who were chasing him were not interested in helping each other out as it was counter-productive to their own gc battles. 

I get that cycling is a team sport but on days like this, you get to see which rider is the complete package and can do all disciplines by themselves. A regular TT is just too clinical and calculated to be exciting like this stage was. 

What a wonderful spectacle. 

I think I will have to re-watch that final 85km a few more times. Phew.

I know I've been scarce here over the last few weeks due to being so busy with work but I still get to read through all the comments.

Man oh man what an absolutely amazing, masterful ride by Froome. The strategy was so simple and yet so effective. On a stage like yesterday with so many huge climbs, Sky knew that if they could ride all the gc guys' support riders off their wheels early on in the race it would just come down to a battle between the last few gc riders who could sustain that fierce tempo in the beginning. Thereafter it would basically be a competition between who can climb/ descend/ TT and take risks better than Froome all by themselves without the help from their teammates as the guys who were chasing him were not interested in helping each other out as it was counter-productive to their own gc battles.

I get that cycling is a team sport but on days like this, you get to see which rider is the complete package and can do all disciplines by themselves. A regular TT is just too clinical and calculated to be exciting like this stage was.

What a wonderful spectacle.

I think I will have to re-watch that final 85km a few more times. Phew.

For sure...going to be used for many a indoor trainer suffer sessions

Going to be interesting to see TD and TP tactics today and if Team Vroomie can effectively counter them

That's close enough :-)

It seems to not have sound... Is that normal? Sorry, all other streams of Epic etc did have sound. (Not having Dstv one of very few regrets of my migration)

It seems to not have sound... Is that normal? Sorry, all other streams of Epic etc did have sound. (Not having Dstv one of very few regrets of my migration)

Had sound yesterday