[Event] 99er Cycle Tour 2018

Halfdoesyn

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if there are photos of the event posted somewhere on facebook? I had a look at the events page but only a couple was posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The adjusted winning time is definitely fair. The conditions and course were easier than previous years

In principle I am fine with the adjustments - my moan really is that I have found with a number of races the past year (including the 99er on Saturday) that finishing at the sharp end of my group is not good enough to move up a seeding group once you are in B or C. Seems like the races that are actually useful for your seeding are few & far in between (One Tonner & hill climbs) with most events just keeping you in the same group.

Anyway, it is what it is, just hope my luck is a bit better next season.  :thumbup:

In principle I am fine with the adjustments - my moan really is that I have found with a number of races the past year (including the 99er on Saturday) that finishing at the sharp end of my group is not good enough to move up a seeding group once you are in B or C. Seems like the races that are actually useful for your seeding are few & far in between (One Tonner & hill climbs) with most events just keeping you in the same group.

Anyway, it is what it is, just hope my luck is a bit better next season.  :thumbup:

That is true, I'd say that 99er would usually be one of those races. I've found that Tour de PPA usually has a high beta as well. Will most likely do more for your seeding index

Agreed.  I finished top 20 twenty in the group.  But the time/index is nowhere near the next seed group.

I think there should be a 'free for all' seed group.  Only requirement is you do your turn at the front!  I'm sure this Group would be faster than most of the groups - not because of seeding, simply because everyone in the Group is working to a common goal  :ph34r:

Edited by Dubber

a few observations , why are directional arrows always placed in the middle

of the emergency lane where you can't miss them. traffic cones never do their

job that they were intended for. why do bike marshals think that forcefully

sharparding the bunch into being 'thinner' is a safe thing to do.

why do they stop in the middle of a climb in the middle of the road to force

riders to the left. why dont they just ride ahead and warn oncoming traffic

of the impending arrival of a bunch. we had 'Lee' screeching 'get in your lane,

get in your lane' every time we saw a car. the fact that we were in 'our lane'

seems to have been lost on her.

Edited by Andy Arnesan

Winning time in 2014 was 2h30, which would have been a "nice" adjusted time. I think we had the gravel slen road that year, and the pro's wasn't at SA's. Even a 2h42 didn't give a sub 10 seeding.

This is the first time Slent road was used. In 2014 the route was the proper 99er and it featured Malanshoogte road, which has a 2km section of gravel. https://www.strava.com/activities/111857764

post-38519-0-94296700-1518498615_thumb.gif

Ah, ok. I did the race in 2014 from group E, feels so long ago and totally forgot about Malanshoogte. It was a good race. It was my fourth official race on racetec :)

Damn, now that takes me back, I completely forgot that 99er was the first ever one I rode with my racetec chip. Now it is about 10 results away from being on page 3 of my results  :clap:

post-38519-0-04460300-1518511299_thumb.gif

the proper 99'er started at the El Shaddai school and went down Wellington Road

to the outskirts of Paarl and then back to finish up Wellington Rd.

then the route changed to Malmsbury and back 120 kms - that was my 99'er until

this last weekend.