Events on Bikehub

buzzboxsa

I remain surprised at the low frequency of events listed on Bikehub and believe more shouldbe done to attract event organizers to get involved. Looking at some other event pages the listings here seems too low. For such a popular website amongst us bikers this surely should receive more focus?

The interest on the Bikehub website varies from pro's to the casual rider and by events people taking part in the simplest local event provides opportunities for all. So, the big "shows" should in no way dominate the local rider scene! We ask the website moderators to look at this, please!

Yup..only the really big events get a bit of interest

Actually a number of the big events don't event get loaded by the Events Coordinators on the hub, and generally it falls to a fellow hubber to add at least a thread for general event related discussions

Actually a number of the big events don't event get loaded by the Events Coordinators on the hub, and generally it falls to a fellow hubber to add at least a thread for general event related discussions

Its a pity as it would be very lekker to have one central point to see what is coming up

No events between 3 December and 3 February? No guys, surely there must be some......help us!

There are events listed for these dates. Please check that your search filters are not too narrow.

If you know of anything missing, please feel free to add it. The events calendar is largely event organiser and community-driven for now.

The interest on the Bikehub website varies from pro's to the casual rider and by events people taking part in the simplest local event provides opportunities for all. So, the big "shows" should in no way dominate the local rider scene! We ask the website moderators to look at this, please!

I remain surprised at the low frequency of events listed on Bikehub and believe more shouldbe done to attract event organizers to get involved. Looking at some other event pages the listings here seems too low. For such a popular website amongst us bikers this surely should receive more focus?

I think it is also up to us as the Hubber community to list & discuss events other than the "big shows" and not just wait for admin & organisers to take the initiative on our behalves.

I find it fairly common that I participate in a well attended event with zero mentions on the bikehub (even though usually the organiser started an events thread)  (unless something goes wrong then the bikehub is an easy alternative to hellopeter)

When I enter a race I generally check if there is a "EVENT" loaded, iif not I first search for the previous years thread, and if ok (ie not noting a specific year, just add on to that one, else last option is to create a new discussion page.  The only disadvantages is that it does not pop up in the "EVENT" - tab

The only disadvantages is that it does not pop up in the "EVENT" - tab

Creating an event on the events platform automatically creates a forum topic with comments appearing in both places. It's a bit more work though, as you will be required to fill in all the event details.

Creating an event on the events platform automatically creates a forum topic with comments appearing in both places. It's a bit more work though, as you will be required to fill in all the event details.

Was more referring that when it is only in the "forum" side and not on the "event" side is that it does not show in the Events page on the right, which mean if there is not a lot of conversation going regarding the event it might disappear between all the other threads.

I try to get all the events I'm involved in on the hub calender, even if I'm just on the periphery. We're trying to grow all our events, so need as much exposure as we can create.