Van Gaalens 24hr 2/3 Dec

NotSoBigBen

So .... Any other hubbers going?

The first time for my son and I (solo)

Any tips and tricks about the route and venue etc.?

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Jip,came yesterday(friday) to set up camp and relax. Me and my wife doing solo as well. Camping at site A,next to the merida gazebo. My first time at VG too.

Jip,came yesterday(friday) to set up camp and relax. Me and my wife doing solo as well. Camping at site A,next to the merida gazebo. My first time at VG too.

So we were right next to you all the time [emoji50]b4b824a87de6a00cb128aaf553921bf5.jpg

How many km’s NsBB?

150 in the first 9 and a half hours or so ... Once the rain, lighting and mud came it was an absolute mess. My son's derailleur hanger destroyed on his gravel bike and my freewheel jammed we decided to pack it in after taking nearly 2 hours to get back from the last lap.

We live to fight another day!

150 in the first 9 and a half hours or so ... Once the rain, lighting and mud came it was an absolute mess. My son's derailleur hanger destroyed on his gravel bike and my freewheel jammed we decided to pack it in after taking nearly 2 hours to get back from the last lap.

such a pity :wacko:

was such a great turnout

started so well.. great weather.

I thought the  shower that was forecast for the afternoon that didn't happen was a great sign... so much for that...

showed me! :mellow:

anyway, was a nice route and awesome to be able to ride in places not normally available to the public. :thumbup:

such a pity :wacko:

was such a great turnout

started so well.. great weather.

I thought the shower that was forecast for the afternoon that didn't happen was a great sign... so much for that...

showed me! :mellow:

anyway, was a nice route and awesome to be able to ride in places not normally available to the public. [emoji106]

I had never been there other than to have tea or as a parking to go and ride Breed's. The route was superb for a 24hr race as you say!

We were having so much fun and I was highly disappointed that it ended like that but hey it was still an absolute blast.

I had never been there  

don't make this a habit,,,

when you've got time let me know, maybe we can get together and I'll show you so so so much more of what FUN Gaalen has to offer 

Did the 4 man team event with three men and two bikes. Al-in-all enjoyed it very much. Casual hikers on route on Sunday was however of concern. Any news about results for the non-podium squad would be appreciated.

That’s a good effort ????????????????

Yeah -pity about the thunderstorm- I heard it was a nightmare after that.