What am I worth? - Bike Evaluation

Wayne Potgieter

Hi Folks.

I am afraid i have been out of the country for a while now and have little idea on what a second hand bike in RSA is now worth. So I am appealing to the hub for advise.

Here is the back story...

A few years ago I bought a Merida 96 for my wife when she started out MTBiking. When we left SA we left it behind for my Mother in law to use. It has not gotten much use and MIL wants to sell it.

Problem is that we have no idea what it is worth and what a fair price would be.

Specs (as far as I can recall) are 26 Race king tyres with Tubeless already done. Carbon Frame in Medium. Chris King Hubs. The rest is pretty standard.

Here are some photos of the bike...

post-18409-0-49860600-1512500976_thumb.jpg

Hi Folks.

I am afraid i have been out of the country for a while now and have little idea on what a second hand bike in RSA is now worth. So I am appealing to the hub for advise.

Here is the back story...

A few years ago I bought a Merida 96 for my wife when she started out MTBiking. When we left SA we left it behind for my Mother in law to use. It has not gotten much use and MIL wants to sell it.

Problem is that we have no idea what it is worth and what a fair price would be.

Specs (as far as I can recall) are 26 Race king tyres with Tubeless already done. Carbon Frame in Medium. Chris King Hubs. The rest is pretty standard.

Here are some photos of the bike...

Unfortunately  26 ers are not on high demand. so don't think you will be able to get more than R5k 

But you can use this as reference 

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/

Edited by pellieg

my advice: 

The kings are worth as much as the rest of the bike, unfortunately selling it all together you will get nothing. 

Split it up. 

Wheels will sell. Frame will struggle. 

Happy to help from this side if you need anything? 

Edited by the nerd

Thats actually a nice bike. I would say 8k

Yes, more like it if it's got low Kms.

Being a small/medium helps. An XL 26er is really hard to sell

I'll take it off your hands for a a box of Smarties Wayne. Then my lighty could come ride with me  :thumbup:

Edit: I'd spring for the big box because it has flats on...

Edited by Grebel

7-9K

It's a really decent bike, with solid specs. The above price is fair IMO.

It will however require a fork and shock service which is another couple of rands...