Large or medium

roelofcoertse

You're right at the tipping point between the two sizes so a test ride should be your next step.  I prefer a medium, my buddy who's the same height as me prefers a large.  There is no right answer, test them and see which fits you better.

Hi all.

Im 1.78

What dual size should i ride

Large or medium

I am 1.79, previous bike was a medium but my new bike is a large. Personally, the large feels much better for me. But you need to test out the different sizes and see what works or feels best for your size. 

I am 1.79, previous bike was a medium but my new bike is a large. Personally, the large feels much better for me. But you need to test out the different sizes and see what works or feels best for your size. 

agreed.

I am 1,79. always rode medium until i also had an epiphany and went to a large frame. Much better. Would never go back.

Go wider bars and shorter stem as well, much better control.

These two alone made a huge difference to my riding.

I am also 1.78.

I ride both medium and large and am considering even a small on my road bike.

It really depends on frame design so like everyone says... go try the bikes.

On a long head tube mountain bike with 50mm stem and 760mm bars I enjoy a medium as the bike feels more manageable and manoeuvrability feels better than a large with 35 stem - had more to do with the wheelbase increase.  

Just watch you don't exceed the seat tube minimum on a medium frame...

Edited by s14phoenix

Measure your inseam as well, better way of determining fit.

If you are still borderline then determine your ape index. this is the ratio of your arm span to height. 

If your arm span is greater than your height you should consider going for the larger size.

agreed.

I am 1,79. always rode medium until i also had an epiphany and went to a large frame. Much better. Would never go back.

Go wider bars and shorter stem as well, much better control.

These two alone made a huge difference to my riding.

Exactly... the wider bars and shorter stem... makes a lot of difference to the cockpit and feel of the bike!

Personally, the large feels much better for me. But you need to test out the different sizes and see what works or feels best.

You sound like my ex-wife.

I asked her whether she thought I was a large or XL.

She said that I was definitely a small

• 4 weeks later...

Much more to it than just height.

@ +-1.75 I find myself between S and M on most brands.

New bike geometries have become considerably "longer" than before.

Also give the headtube length and seat tube angle some consideration as they can influence bike fit quite a bit.

Edited by Thomo

Alot depends on your build. I am 1.76 and ride a large. I do however have long legs and arms. As have been said you should try and see what works for you!