Saddle Bags on Road Bikes: cool or uncool?

ByronH

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WT actual F

There is a special place in hell for lunatics who use a Camelbak on a road bike.

I must admit to doing that on very long and lonely rides in the Karoo, where I felt a lot better with 3 litres of water on my back, rather than to once again pray that the next windmill would be a working one, not just another broken down relic. :blush:

Here is another much more acceptable alternative.

https://www.rapha.cc/rd/en/shop/essentials-case/product/ECS08XXCBNXXX

Keep that in your back pocket instead of the 4 energy bars and 7 banana breads that you don’t need.... will make you a faster cyclist

SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS!!!

Gonna have to go with being uncool. I wear mixed brand kit so I'm screwed anyway. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Or that you are too fat to put a tube and a bomb in your shirt pocket.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

This one, this one. It can't be strapped onto anything.

post-13716-0-56958700-1512827560.jpg

This I like

From Where?

I also dont ride with an extra ball bag. Two bombs, adapter + tuber in my back pocket.

I like to be prepared, well as much as possible, so I don't have to walk a million miles back home or to the car! So I an one of the uncool  :D

I always ride with a camelbak...road or mountain. It's just easier for me to keep my over-sized phone, keys, additional bomb, tubeless repair kit, money, cards, glass cleaner and cloth (I have prescription sunglasses that sweat always seems to obscure my vision from time to time) and whatever else I feel I need to take with me!

I cannot stand to have all that weight in my jersey pockets, pulling and bouncing around! I only ever keep bars and gels in there as they are easier to get to while on the move. 

The bladder is only used on long and hot rides so it also provides for extra storage space if I need to take arm warmers or a jacket off on those cooler rides.

A camelbak actually looks like a little saddle bag on my back cause being such a big oak I tend to obscure the proportions a little  :lol:

My mountain has a medium sized saddle bag with tube, levers, bomb, C02 adapter, multi-tool, quick links, tube patches, and a few other tiny bits and bobs that may help with trail side repairs.

I have a micro saddle bag on the road as the tube is obviously alot smaller than a 29r with pretty much the same contents as the mountain....at least it looks more road specific and slightly streamlined in comparison  :P  

Sticking to the topic:

Saddle Bags on Road Bikes: cool or uncool? :ph34r:

Not AXE cool but also not camelbak with hairy legs and hidden socks uncool. Allowed to give the guy with the camelbak a chirp or 2 when no one is watching, but not allowed to be class president or fines master. If you can life with a few chirps... go for it. 

I like to be prepared, well as much as possible, so I don't have to walk a million miles back home or to the car! So I an one of the uncool  :D

I always ride with a camelbak...road or mountain. It's just easier for me to keep my over-sized phone, keys, additional bomb, tubeless repair kit, money, cards, glass cleaner and cloth (I have prescription sunglasses that sweat always seems to obscure my vision from time to time) and whatever else I feel I need to take with me!

I cannot stand to have all that weight in my jersey pockets, pulling and bouncing around! I only ever keep bars and gels in there as they are easier to get to while on the move. 

The bladder is only used on long and hot rides so it also provides for extra storage space if I need to take arm warmers or a jacket off on those cooler rides.

A camelbak actually looks like a little saddle bag on my back cause being such a big oak I tend to obscure the proportions a little  :lol:

My mountain has a medium sized saddle bag with tube, levers, bomb, C02 adapter, multi-tool, quick links, tube patches, and a few other tiny bits and bobs that may help with trail side repairs.

I have a micro saddle bag on the road as the tube is obviously alot smaller than a 29r with pretty much the same contents as the mountain....at least it looks more road specific and slightly streamlined in comparison  :P  

seriously dude you carrying tooooooo much cr*p

post-85316-0-98608800-1512998085_thumb.jpg

seriously dude you carrying tooooooo much cr*p

Now there is something I would never rock on any of my bikes!!!  ;)

It's not crap if it helps me out of a pickle  :P