Saddle Bags on Road Bikes: cool or uncool?

ByronH

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ChrisF said:

We are using this on Maritz's bike, then again he only carries a tube ... the rest of the garage is in my saddle bag ....

I have a friend who carried so much I asked her to wash the dishes. She looked at me quizzically and asked me too explain ( a trap).

So I said well you have the kitchen sink in there..... thats when it went dark and I woke up on Thursday

Okayyyyy ..... :eek:  I will admit it .....

The new Scott Spark is one sexy bike !!!  It is such a super clean setup. :clap: :thumbup:

A saddle bag does NOT belong on this bike .....

But when you have a mechanical deep in the trails ..... :cursing:

13 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Rule 5, Ben.... Harden up!

When I started cycling in 2015 in my ripe middle age i assumed the rules were ironic. Conversations on the hub soon showed I was wrong. I still wear my glasses wrong 

4 hours ago, Mamil said:

When I started cycling in 2015 in my ripe middle age i assumed the rules were ironic. Conversations on the hub soon showed I was wrong. I still wear my glasses wrong 

So not "upside down on the back of your helmet"?

Now that I am European I am obviously several decades ahead of you African luddites.....so here is the irrefutable truth:

Saddles bags on your saddle (as well as bags in general) are lamer than the Kardashians.

Bento bags are only acceptable if your bike has mounts for a bento bag.

The only cool bag is this integrated Fara bike option!

If you're bike-packing then ALL bags attached to your bike are ubercool.

fara.png

My vote goes to uncool. Definitely uncool. Especially when it gets all manky with mud and road grime. The stuff inside is almost always rusted or mouldy or both. 

The larger the more uncool but for some reason when it gets into bike packing territory, it’s cool again… 😂😜

48 minutes ago, michaelbiker said:

My vote goes to uncool. Definitely uncool. Especially when it gets all manky with mud and road grime. The stuff inside is almost always rusted or mouldy or both. 

The larger the more uncool but for some reason when it gets into bike packing territory, it’s cool again… 😂😜

Straight uncool!