[Event] Cederberg 100Miler

Gravel Travel Events

Where/ when you clapping LSD rides?

Right now hill climbing is tuff for me, but I suppose manageable

if I look at my season ahead, I just see races right now, transbreede Ultra this weekend at race pace, Attakwas this past weekend & I did some longish rides over December too. Then it's onto the XCO season. Will probably commute to work with the gravel grinder to force some miles.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of accommodation options for the overnight in Clanwilliam are those who are riding looking at?

What sort of accommodation options for the overnight in Clanwilliam are those who are riding looking at?

there are enough guesthouses in & around the area. I think with the new date the area has a bit more breathing room for accommodation. I there are camp spots as well close to the dam.

I'm seriously considering this event. Will mean upping the training volumes but I have put in a decent base the last couple of months - none of my riding mates is keen though so it will be a solo enterprise which I don't really mind ... mulling it over.

I'm seriously considering this event. Will mean upping the training volumes but I have put in a decent base the last couple of months - none of my riding mates is keen though so it will be a solo enterprise which I don't really mind ... mulling it over.

Same here especially with the friends.

I've been doing about 10 hours a week since Nov/ December - combination of LSD of about 100k road at a time plus at least one 2 or 3 hour session on the MTB plus one or two shorter early morning road rides --- what sort of volumes are other weekend warrior types like myself doing probably finishing in the slower half of the field?

Though "never again" was what I said last year, I will do it again this year probably. Hopefully on my new Cotic  bike  ^_^

The route is absolutely beautiful, and the race support and catering is really good!

Took me around like 10 hours last year (but I can't say I was really fit - and it doesn't really help when you don't know the profile and the terrain - so not sure how hard & where to push)

Wanna beat my time by at least 1 hr!

Edited by Catty

9 or 10 hours on the bike, potentially in big heat - with 3000m ascent - I'm hesitating - maybe I'll do the Amarider 100 miler which sounds a little easier. I'm going to give it another week of mulling it over before deciding.

Though "never again" was what I said last year, I will do it again this year probably. Hopefully on my new Cotic  bike  ^_^

The route is absolutely beautiful, and the race support and catering is really good!

Took me around like 10 hours last year (but I can't say I was really fit - and it doesn't really help when you don't know the profile and the terrain - so not sure how hard & where to push)

Heavy Days, thanks for that perspective.

What avg speed were you doing? 10 - 15km/h? Thats actually doable. hmmmmmm

Are you in Eddy Gordo?

Heavy Days, thanks for that perspective.

What avg speed were you doing? 10 - 15km/h? Thats actually doable. hmmmmmm

I wish, I am no where near fit enough. Realised this in sat when I pedalled up to bridal in tokai.

more than enough time to get ready to finish comfortably

I can't imagine anyone finishes this comfortably.

After 8hrs and 20mins for my first 100 Miler including about 40mins of standing about cramping, I was comfortably numb going 'Hello, is there anybody out there'. Be prepared...