Cheapest bike store Gauteng

mjoubert15

Hi guys,

Which stores do you recommend in Gauteng (I'm in Pretoria but I don't mind driving somewhere for a lekker bargain), which have cheap prices or good specials?

Thanks!

Cwcycles or Chain Reaction. Also live in Pretoria.

Hot Spot has given me some good deals, if you're really set on a brick and mortar store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cwcycles or Chain Reaction. Also live in Pretoria.

Hot Spot has given me some good deals, if you're really set on a brick and mortar store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, gotta say I've been really happy with Hot Spot Cycles. Plus they aren't shy to give a discount on the marked price in-store.

Devil's advocate question - is this really the right way to find an LBS? Surely personelle training/knowledge, experience, know how, attitude, stock selection etc should always play a role.

There was another thread about bike shop service being kaaaaak and surely this kind of attitude will worsen that situation?

Devil's advocate question - is this really the right way to find an LBS? Surely personelle training/knowledge, experience, know how, attitude, stock selection etc should always play a role.

There was another thread about bike shop service being kaaaaak and surely this kind of attitude will worsen that situation?

This in spades. Pay what you think is fair without trying to rob LBS's livelyhood

your best bets makro or game

got bikes for like 2k and Christmas deals are rolling out :whistling:

What are these 2k bikes you speak of?

What about Solomon's.?

Keep in mind that I'm in CTN so probably not qualified to comment. :)

I couldn't remember the name. But yes, if you want cheap prices, probably go to Solomons. If you want good service, probably don't go to Solomons.

There is a major difference between a cheap LBS and a good LBS.

Long time lurker - first time poster... My two cents though: http://www.cyclehouse.co.za/

Sure, they do not have an online presence, but if it's no-nonsense, good advice and good prices you're after - give them a call/visit.

CycleLab... If you're on Momentum highest level you can buy r20 000 worth of vouchers each year and get 20 percent discount. And then as the store says they won't be beaten on price so get them down to cheapest and then when you are paying hand over your vouchers. Boom. I paid 51000 for a brand new 2017 Scott in January that had a 70 000 price tag.