[Event] 2018 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Stellenbosch

Events Bot

The Batty Army returns, albeit in smaller numbers. Tumbles I'll tell her you say hi... I won't be the same without you Bud.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to go and watch, but I don't currently have a pair of Salomon trail running shoes to pair with my brightly coloured, calf high cycling socks and mirror-glassed Oakleys. Will this be ok?

Nee man, kom in die game!

Fortunately for you Cape Union Mart has a sale on Salomon speedcross.

Nee man, kom in die game!

Fortunately for you Cape Union Mart has a sale on Salomon speedcross.

I think I have a pair of those already - I'm good to go! Damn... no Oakleys though.

I think I have a pair of those already - I'm good to go! Damn... no Oakleys though.

What? You don't have Oakley Jawbreakers with Prizm lenses in 4 colours? How on earth do you even ride?! In fact, do you even ride, bro?

What? You don't have Oakley Jawbreakers with Prizm lenses in 4 colours? How on earth do you even ride?! In fact, do you even ride, bro?

How do you even Enduro Bro?

Don't worry, I have Scrooge McDuck advice for you as well: alixpress

Just remember that all true mtbers will show up on Sat on their bikes, in FULL kit - this is an XC race so that means lycra, matching bibs and shirts. They will also document the whole thing on their GoPros.

Just remember that all true mtbers will show up on Sat on their bikes, in FULL kit - this is an XC race so that means lycra, matching bibs and shirts. They will also document the whole thing on their GoPros.

I think I'm going to have to arrive on my road bike wearing plakkies and a floppy hat now.

There like a bear...in a CHOC suit lol

Hope big numbers turn out to show the rest of the world our world-class (dusty) track and heaving spectators (not from beer).

Should be awesome to watch....and enjoy.

See ya all there

What are the odds of getting a decent vantage point from which to spectate if arriving just before the Elite Mens?

What's the tv coverage like for the event? Only Redbull TV or aired on Supersport?

What are the odds of getting a decent vantage point from which to spectate if arriving just before the Elite Mens?

the track is long, with many vantage points and technically spots that should give good viewing. Might not immediately get a lekker spot at the rough places, but people will move around so youshould be fine. 

the track is long, with many vantage points and technically spots that should give good viewing. Might not immediately get a lekker spot at the rough places, but people will move around so youshould be fine. 

Does anybody have any feel for the sort of number of spectators that are expected?