[Event] 2018 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Stellenbosch

Events Bot

Awesome pics! I had no horse in the race to be honest this sort of racing isn't usually my cup of tea but wow what a track watched the whole thing start to finish! Nino lost but who else throws a whip in the middle of a race? And the lines he takes! What a final lap!!!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pics! I had no horse in the race to be honest this sort of racing isn't usually my cup of tea but wow what a track watched the whole thing start to finish! Nino lost but who else throws a whip in the middle of a race? And the lines he takes! What a final lap!!!

I really like Nino and think he is very good but the question I have is, did his foot slip accidentally or did he know that he's not going to win and used it as an excuse?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I really like Nino and think he is very good but the question I have is, did his foot slip accidentally or did he know that he's not going to win and used it as an excuse?

Strange question.

No answers here unfortunately.

No

No

Believe me, not intentional. I was in the scott team tent when he arrived. And besides, if you watched any of his documentaries you will know that that is just not his style. Awesome finish though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt it. Nino looks to be a good sport. Cleating out in a sprint is a mistake just as much as bad line choice or crashing. So I don't really think it can be used as an excuse in any case...

But wow, Sam Gaze taking that victory from Nino even while cramping for more than a lap is dam impressive!

What a finish. I didn't follow any post-race interviews. Did Nino mention it at all? And in what way? He was unfortunately beaten on the day. He is an incredible athlete and sportsman. He seems to not take himself too serious, though he does have amazing work ethic of you look at his training regime.

As for Gaze.... well... I hope he is clean.... did the road race and placed?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by CogitoErgoSum

What a finish. I didn't follow any post-race interviews. Did Nino mention it at all? And in what way? He was unfortunately beaten on the day. He is an incredible athlete and sportsman. He seems to not take himself too serious, though he does have amazing work ethic of you look at his training regime.

As for Gaze.... well... I hope he is clean.... did the road race and placed?

The passion he had in the post race interview makes me think he is clean. He is 2x u23 world champ and also xc eliminator competitor... Certainly didn't just pop into the scene

The passion he had in the post race interview makes me think he is clean. He is 2x u23 world champ and also xc eliminator competitor... Certainly didn't just pop into the scene

He too has an amazing talent. But with two days' max effort to podium. He must have wheelsucked up to the last 5km...

[emoji23][emoji41]

Think that the new generation of riders that is coming through now might start to serious compete against the "older" guys, but it is probably all good for the sport. Does not change the fact that the 3 big names will be seriously diminish as they help build the sport in what it is today. And Nino remains a class act in my opinion.