Seeding penalty

Vetplant

Quick one, just want to check whether it is the same for everyone, in which case all is fair:

On the Cycle Events/PPA seeding ladder I seem to have incurred penalties on all my results, is it just my profile or does everybody have this issue?

Even on the 2017 947 CC, which is 3 weeks old, I have a 15 point penalty. Same for Amashova.  :huh:

Just checked mine and I only have penalties from Ride for sight this year and earlier events.

EDIT: I only start getting a penalty of 15 from emperors 2016. All penalties after that are less.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Just checked mine and I only have penalties from Ride for sight this year and earlier events.

EDIT: I only start getting a penalty of 15 from emperors 2016. All penalties after that are less.

post-58906-0-26142400-1513073839_thumb.png

Does the penalty replace the Weighted Index they used to have?  Or is this something different?

The penalty is implemented for older events - the thought being that the older the event, the less it should contribute to your current seeding.

There is still an index and weighting given as per the table from long wheel base.

Quick one, just want to check whether it is the same for everyone, in which case all is fair:

On the Cycle Events/PPA seeding ladder I seem to have incurred penalties on all my results, is it just my profile or does everybody have this issue?

Even on the 2017 947 CC, which is 3 weeks old, I have a 15 point penalty. Same for Amashova. :huh:

I think you need to query with the organisers or racetec. Penalties are only implemented on events older than 5 months old. That being said, I did a hill climb a few months ago and had a 15 point penalty added from the moment the results were uploaded and others who did the hill climb didnt have any penalties. Didnt bother to query though

The penalty is implemented for older events - the thought being that the older the event, the less it should contribute to your current seeding.

There is still an index and weighting given as per the table from long wheel base.

What you are describing is a reduced weighting (which would be super awesome), not the penalty system currently in use.

What we have is a broken penalty system. Penalising the last race of the summer season before spring season even starts is self defeating.

What you are describing is a reduced weighting (which would be super awesome), not the penalty system currently in use.

What we have is a broken penalty system. Penalising the last race of the summer season before spring season even starts is self defeating.

Are you sure it's not like that? 

Only older races get the penalty and the penalty is greater the older the race.

Meant, did he log into the MTB seeding interface or Road seeding interface.

Road events get 15 penalty on the MTB seeding.

Nail

On 

Head

:thumbup:

I checked my MTB seeding first, which explains the 15 pt penalty on road events,  then when I logged on a couple of minutes later to check the Road seeding the Cycle events website just jumped straight to the MTB seeding. 

I cleared the cookies and cache and logged in again to check my Road seeding and all is well with no penalties on Amashova and 947CC.

Thanks

Are you sure it's not like that? 

Only older races get the penalty and the penalty is greater the older the race.

What I am saying is reducing the maximum weighting of an old race would be nice so that it can't dominate your seeding. A penalty added to the index of an old race is not the same.