Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

You not understanding it..

He lost 42 seconds the day before...

The day in question he gained a lot of time on his close rivals...all this while he was suffering from bad asthma ..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Exactly...

Chris Froome took advantage of growing fatigue among his main rivals as the Team Sky rider moved to a step closer to securing a Tour de France and Vuelta a Españadouble. The day after he lost 42 seconds to Vincenzo Nibali, a devastating late break on the road to Santo Toribio de Liébana saw Froome extend his lead over the Italian to 1min 37sec

Edited by Andrew Steer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be easy for Sky to wipe this away if he has been using it as long as he says he has, it will then be present in all his previous urine tests and they can just say oops he sucked on it to long

Who's saying he wasn't...?

These guys aren't tested every single day, they're also not necessarily tested inside the window when they would test positive.

I've supported Froome and defended people just saying they are doping because they are winning, but the house of cards from where I am standing is getting pretty wobbly.

They're a "Landis" away from being Postal II

You'd really think they would be a little smarter on all this

Salbutamol abuse looks a lot like another one of their 'marginal gains'

Where does it end?

People seem to think you can only gain time on big mtn stages..in fact stage 18 was the perfect chance to take time back after a very tough day before.

I won't lie this thought did cross my mind

Check out @DominantDomest1’s Tweet:

Friday on a Wednesday.. this will drag out for a long time.

But if this is true and they were banned for their amounts then it's a no brainer that he should be banned.

9b324d013b98bdc9345da158c8389973.jpg

And Contador served a ban for clenbuterol (very similar to salbutamol - also a bronchodilator) when his levels were 40 times LESS than the detectable threshold for a lab to be WADA accredited.

You not understanding it..

He lost 42 seconds the day before...

The day in question he gained a lot of time on his close rivals...all this while he was suffering from bad asthma ..

That is a good point.

I figured that if you're going to risk a marketing disaster for some time then a big mountain stage where you gain 3 or 4 minutes on a mountain top finish would look less suspicious than smashing an intermediate.

Your point does add to the "he's guilty" evidence box.

Eh?

Stage 18

The momentum is once again with Chris Froome(Team Sky) at the Vuelta a España after he distanced Vincenzo Nibali (Bahrain-Merida) on the short final climb to Alto de Santo Toribio de Liébana on stage 18 to extend his lead atop the overall standings to 1:37.

ac038325ee50dd82224cfede58215af5.jpg

Chris Froome took advantage of growing fatigue among his main rivals as the Team Sky rider moved to a step closer to securing a Tour de France and Vuelta a Españadouble. The day after he lost 42 seconds to Vincenzo Nibali, a devastating late break on the road to Santo Toribio de Liébana saw Froome extend his lead over the Italian to 1min 37sec while Sander Armée took the stage 18 victory.

http://www.lolwot.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/10-extraordinary-facts-you-never-knew-about-kung-fu-panda-7.jpg

Who's saying he wasn't...? 

These guys aren't tested every single day, they're also not necessarily tested inside the window when they would test positive.

I've supported Froome and defended people just saying they are doping because they are winning, but the house of cards from where I am standing is getting pretty wobbly. 

They're a "Landis" away from being Postal II

You'd really think they would be a little smarter on all this

Salbutamol abuse looks a lot like another one of their 'marginal gains'

Where does it end? 

We don't know how much he was tested but I'm guessing he wasn't tested only once for salbutamol.

I can't find the WADA vuelta testing protocol for the vuelta but if memory serves the top 3 stage winners are tested every day and jersey holders are tested reguarly which mean he would have been tested quite a few times.

Does anyone have the vuelta testing protocol handy?

How is the house of cards wobbly? The most serious thing where there has been some smoke is abuse of legal drugs and TUE systems. Bardiani, BMC, Trek Seafredo etc have had ACTUAL positives - surely they're ahead of SKY on the house of cards theory?

All of this said - I'm not actually a SKYfroome fan - I think they've done a similar thing to US Postal in cycling - made Grand Tours boring by using a huge budget to buy up potential GT winners and crush other teams.

Edit: From the SKY statement:

During the final week of the Vuelta, Chris experienced acute asthma symptoms. On the advice of the Team Sky doctor, he used an increased dosage of Salbutamol (still within the permissible doses) in the run-up to the 7 September urine test. As race leader, Chris was tested after every stage through this period and he declared his use of the medication as part of the process.

Read more at https://www.teamsky.com/article/ts-statement#43CrKle4fxuOaGwC.99

Edited by Eldron

*ACUTE ASTHMA*

but still manages to ride a bike?

pull the other one

btw, the team sky report says chronic asthma, but the excuse in the press is acute asthma. which one is it?

*ACUTE ASTHMA*

but still manages to ride a bike?

pull the other one

Oddly enough - we were discussing it this morning (BBC news was going crazy about the froome test) and my geneticist fiance reckons exercise induced asthma/bronchoconstriction is fairly common among endurance athletes.

A huge study into pro footballers is about to start because of the potential health issues with pro footballing and EIA/B.

Oddly enough - we were discussing it this morning (BBC news was going crazy about the froome test) and my geneticist fiance reckons exercise induced asthma/bronchoconstriction is fairly common among endurance athletes.

A huge study into pro footballers is about to start because of the potential health issues with pro footballing and EIA/B.

I have also heard that endurance athletes often suffer from those conditions.