Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

As CF was tested in the week running up to the 7 September and in the weeks after without adverse anomaly there is a no reason to doubt zero tolerance being adhered to. 

Perhaps the lab tech had a heavy night the night before and did something incorrect with this one test.  Maybe CF metabolism reacted differently on this one occasion..... lets get the facts then decide.

Yes.

And maybe a spectator was using a pump. And Froome was hit by the overspray. That in combination with his 39% dehydration, weird metabolism and the lab tech who put his sample in a soiled tube can explain it all.

His metabolism must be weird. Because most people who need that amount of salbutamol is in an ICU. He is on THE podium. :devil:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to smile at one British forum with a topic titled; tongue in cheek "Kenyan cyclist in trouble?" Only when it suits them is he British.

I had to smile at one British forum with a topic titled; tongue in cheek "Kenyan cyclist in trouble?" Only when it suits them is he British.

if only the same applied in Africa :whistling:

Lol.

Scotsman Andy murray has lost in the semi finals of wimbledon...

Briton Andy Murray has just won Wimbledon! All of Britain loves you Andy...

Lol.

Scotsman Andy murray has lost in the semi finals of wimbledon...

Briton Andy Murray has just won Wimbledon! All of Britain loves you Andy...

TheHubFroomeLovers it must be a mistake by his medical team

TheRest yeh right Contador ate contaminated steak

"I can understand a lot of people’s reactions, especially given the history of the sport. I think this is obviously a very different case. This is not a positive test..."

Froome Dawg, Cyclingnews

So on this line of thought... Zuma is innocent in your books too... #justsaying

PS: Go read up on what Tony Martin thinks on the double standards shown towards Froome in this case. And why did Sky get all this time to work on a defense? Why was he racing World Champs?

Twist away... but Zuma has been found guilty on a number of occasions #justdealingwithfacts

1) CF was using his inhaler daily, and he was tested daily, yet only ONE day showed these values

2) So your reason is its the lab tech's fault, and cf couldnt possibly have cheated. pan y agua?

none so blind as those who dont want to see

Read Eldrons post a few pages back (page 12, #182), advised that both A & B samples had been tested... to which I retracted and stand corrected as I stated in my post #183

None as blinded as those who do not read...

Edited by shaper

I like facts !!... not conjecture and hypothesis ;)

Fact is he tested 2 x over the limit. A and B samples confirm this.

Fact is the day he tested over the limit he increased his lead after losing time the day before.

Hypothesis seems to be that he could have been dehydrated and peed funny that day...amongst many other factor never seen before that day. [emoji6][emoji6].

Fact is other riders before and after the WADA change have been suspended for going over the limit..one I recall was cleared but apparently he had a TUE that allowed him to be over the limit.. I'd have to find the article again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

From the comments section:

"Froome has a long history of being tested and has never had a level this high for salbutamol, what, all of a sudden his physiology changed?

Now on this day he is suddenly dehydrated? Team Sky who covers every detail let their GC guy get dehydrated?

No he used an oral dose, not for his asthma but for his increasing central fatigue and adrenergic insensitivity, thus his inability to get his heart rate up in the final portion of a stage and produce power when necessary. "