Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

There has to be a better system for all of this. I'd also like the fool who leaked this to come forward and take a bit of heat for stupidity of the decision. 

It's the Russians.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what Sky & Froome will do now. There has been so much talk about how much money Sky have thrown behind this investigation and submission and that it's unfair on other riders who haven't had the money to do the same. If I were Sky I'd be wanting to reclaim that money from WADA / UCI as he's been cleared & then start with the damages that all this has had on Froomes career, reputation as well as Sky's position.

I know Sky can afford it, I feel for the smaller guys who have to try to mount an defence, spend on money for lawyers, tests, doctors etc and then get cleared to have done nothing wrong and they have had to pay for it. The alternative is plea a deal, get a couple of months and get back to racing / earning a living.

There has to be a better system for all of this. I'd also like the fool who leaked this to come forward and take a bit of heat for stupidity of the decision.

Conversely, if it wasn’t for SKYs money, would these flaws ever have come to light? WADA and UCI will now be forced to make these prcesss more efficient and accurate, benefiting the smaller guys down the line, who might have fallen foul to the existing process if it wasn’t for the big guys making a fuss.

I doubt that they will go on the attack now. Not much will be gained.

Edited by Patchelicious

Conversely, if it wasn’t for SKYs money, would these flaws ever have come to light? WADA and UCI will now be forced to make these prcesss more efficient and accurate, benefiting the smaller guys down the line, who might have fallen foul to the existing process if it wasn’t for the big guys making a fuss.

I doubt that they will go on the attack now. Not much will be gained.

Also benefits sky to a certain extent, they have the moral high ground, followed due process, did not make a real fuss over the leak and said they would defend as required.  Result has shown deficiencies in WADA/UCI..... and maybe they will think twice about going after sky again.... unless they are sure they have all their ducks in a row... if they don't and there is potential for further criticism of their process... they will likely let it pass?

Edited by shaper

Also benefits sky to a certain extent, they have the moral high ground, followed due process, did not make a real fuss over the leak and said they would defend as required. Result has shown deficiencies in WADA/UCI..... and maybe they will think twice about going after sky again.... unless they are sure they have all their ducks in a row... if they don't and there is potential for further criticism of their process... they will likely let it pass?

Considering the consequence simply accusing somebody of doping, I would hope that they do get their ducks in a row.

Edited by Patchelicious

Also benefits sky to a certain extent, they have the moral high ground, followed due process, did not make a real fuss over the leak and said they would defend as required.  Result has shown deficiencies in WADA/UCI..... and maybe they will think twice about going after sky again.... unless they are sure they have all their ducks in a row... if they don't and there is potential for further criticism of their process... they will likely let it pass?

Is the Wiggins "mystery package" dead and buried?  Sky still has some way to go to claim the moral high ground in the public eye. But I certainly agree with your idea and it would be great for a massive player to force reform on WADA/UCI.

Considering the consequence simply accusing somebody of doping, I would hope that they do get their ducks in a row.

Came up short with not enough ducks in this case!!

Interesting and balanced views by Ross Tucker. He does touch on some of the points we have already discussed here. 

Thanx for sharing. Always find RT's comments of interest.

"He's been cleared....so why's this thread still going?"

Armstrong was also 'cleared' by the controlling interests of the day, and many others before him...

The more things change the more they really are just the same.

Comparison with LA is totally unfounded and unjust.

LA was/is a self-centered, egotistical pathological liar, and a bully to boot.

Don't fret. Some only see what they want to see no matter the facts facing them. 

I wonder if Ross had a thing for Michelle and Chris beat him to the bedroom because the degree of negativity in that little man's heart is going to put him in the grave early due to a broken heart. Jeez zus doesn't he ever stop??

Is the Wiggins "mystery package" dead and buried?  Sky still has some way to go to claim the moral high ground in the public eye. But I certainly agree with your idea and it would be great for a massive player to force reform on WADA/UCI.

Witch hunts typically last for as long as irrational fear is strong enough to keep it going. Even when new knowledge is presented witch hunts continue slightly modified.

An Anti Doping stance is necessary but it must be based on good science. Even today they can't definitively determine if an athlete is using EPO. More money is spent on the politics and PR than is spent on the Science.

"He's been cleared....so why's this thread still going?"

Armstrong was also 'cleared' by the controlling interests of the day, and many others before him...

The more things change the more they really are just the same.

As stated by someone else, not a fair comparison at all. . .  Big difference between the substances that were found. Would like to know how everyone would feel if a full list of those that had AAFs and were cleared was released. Would we go on a witch hunt for every single one of them, and compare them to Armstrong?

Unfortunately the tallest trees catch the most wind. And unfair comparisons to that a$$hole of a Texan will be the order of CFs days from now on.