Review: Cabal Ascent 1.0

Bike Hub Features

The Ascent 1.0 is a lightweight, high-performance do-it-all road bike from locally based direct-to-consumer brand Cabal. After the recent launch of their road bike and carbon wheelset range, we were keen to test out the offering.

The Cape Town-based duo behind Cabal, Jon Colledge and Andrew Bloom, aim to offer high performance, high quality bikes at competitive prices thanks to their direct-to-consumer “white label” approach and OEM relationships with component suppliers like SRAM.

View full article

Also would love some first hand feedback if anyone has bought one yet. I have my eye on the TT bike but guess no one has feedback yet.

I'd be more than happy to be a test rider - Hint * Hint

Also would love some first hand feedback if anyone has bought one yet. I have my eye on the TT bike but guess no one has feedback yet.

I'd be more than happy to be a test rider - Hint * Hint

On the initial article someone mentioned they are riding the TT bike, perhaps they have more feedback since then:

https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages&section=comments&database=1&record=6982&do=findComment&comment_id=3224801

I went past this bike going up Op die Tradouw.  It caught my eye which is interesting considering the amount of bikes there.  I was going to say something to the rider, but I couldn't breathe... 

@finallygotabike I’ve ridden the TT bike. I was the first test pilot and had the bike fo 3 weeks. I’ve ridden many top end bike for Over 30 years of racing and I can say this TT bike ranks up with the best top end bikes at a fraction of the price and worth every penny.

I have an official review which i will post during the next few days

• 2 months later...