Road bike advice needed

dewaldsss

Good day all

I am in the market for a new road bike or should I say bike...

Originally I wanted to built a steel gravel bike, did a costing exercise and this made no sense, even if I'm using some old parts from the bin in the garage with bottom end components. I tried convincing myself that it does but as we all know building something will be more expensive in the long run and as we are always looking for an upgrade, why did I want to build a gravel bike, heck I still don't know, maybe because it looks awesome.

So, I decided to rather spend some bucks on a road bike.

I will be using it for long rides, Sunday club rides (road)

This is what I had in mind

- Cannondale caad 12 105 disc

post-58842-0-03227600-1513166908_thumb.png

- Cannondale caad X ultegra disc

post-58842-0-30794800-1513166963_thumb.png

Both are under R30k

I have never ridden a CX bike so not sure if its a waste, I am sure the road bike will also handle smooth gravel roads and the gearing is a bit better, can even fit some 28c tyres if the need be.

I am 99% of the time on my mtb, I do have an 1996 Litespeed roadbike for the home trainer or I might even consider selling it after I have made up my mind.

comment away

Get a road for road and use the MTB for everything else  :D

That Cannondale 105 disc is nice. Not so keen on the silver though, but each to his own  :P

• 2 weeks later...

I am 99% of the time on my mtb, I do have an 1996 Litespeed roadbike for the home trainer or I might even consider selling it after I have made up my mind.

comment away

Sorry to tell you, but if that Litespeed is one of their titanium ones, then you should be punished by the gods of cycling for keeping it on the indoor trainer. ;)  Those thing are built for freedom and speed! They will still run with the latest carbon bikes. 

The Cannondales are nice though, nothing wrong with them.

Edited by DJR

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to tell you, but if that Litespeed is one of their titanium ones, then you should be punished by the gods of cycling for keeping it on the indoor trainer. ;)  Those thing are built for freedom and speed! They will still run with the latest carbon bikes. 

The Cannondales are nice though, nothing wrong with them.

Guilty as charged!

Probably more of a itch for a new bike than anything else lol

Those thing are built for freedom and speed! They will still run with the latest carbon bikes. 

Probably a Ghisallo to.

Why not upgrade the litespeed? Get the frame refinished, add a New 11 speed groupset, new wheels, she will ride like a dream and it will be cheaper.

I am currently starting the process with my 1992 Hansom Reynolds 708. Also my only road bike and also living on a trainer as I can’t ride those racing gears anymore, but I would like to ride on the road again.

What size is it, and what model?

Litespeed natchez

58cm

campag chorus 9 speed

mavic ksyrium ssc sl wheelset

carbon fork,seatpost

ITM millenium stem and bar

flite titanium saddle

Edited by dewaldsss