The lesser known Bike brands

FondTF2

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few word about Decathlon and their bike brand Btwin(now reverted again to Decathlon)...Its a french supermarket sports Chain that has now reached South Africa.The bikes have great specs are if you live in Europe are affordable and ride very well.The recent XCO mtb offering is again affordable and able to take on the trails in Europe very easily.

But...why are these bikes not here in SA? I honestly hope they get here because they would upset the normal big brands that are here on the market.

Whyte Bikes. This belongs to a mate of mine in Immingham. It feels weird to ride!

IF there was a prize for “strange but true”

Your mate would have a winner

Slingshot bikes. My boet built himself a copy based on schwinn moab frame he covered in carbon. Top of the range parts with a USE sub fork. Did a Karoo2Coast on that bike.

Very nearly bought The Crow's Turner like that one..... Would have taken it on the spot, but when I sat on her she was just a little too small for me.... The parking lot test showed great potential!

A Turner 5 Spot. I bought the frame from Rush Sports a few years ago. I rode the bike a while then gave it to my son. It's his "play bike" now.

Turner 5 Spot.jpg

Very nearly bought The Crow's Turner like that one..... Would have taken it on the spot, but when I sat on her she was just a little too small for me.... The parking lot test showed great potential!

It really is a fantastically fun bike, and that's without the dropper post.  Just fitted a Bikeyoke dropper to it and can't wait to take it for a ride.

I have an addiction to this "lesser known brand" specializing in Steel Bikes

My 26" BFE,

Wife`s 26" Soul

My Rocket 275

Solaris Max

Flare Max

How have the duallies been treating you?