Tacx Flow data cable question

Squier

Hi,

Picked up a few years old Tacx Flow from a family member. I did not get the data cable that links the computer and the trainer.

From what I understand this is a 6 pin straight wired Ethernet cable. Does anyone know if this is in fact true?

Just want to find out if I can pick up a cable from a PC shop or if it is something that I need to get from Tacx directly.

Hi,

Picked up a few years old Tacx Flow from a family member. I did not get the data cable that links the computer and the trainer.

From what I understand this is a 6 pin straight wired Ethernet cable. Does anyone know if this is in fact true?

Just want to find out if I can pick up a cable from a PC shop or if it is something that I need to get from Tacx directly.

I can test this on mine for you. Will let you know.

I assume your TACX Flow with the orange letters - Cool trainers but limited upgrades from TACX - once you get the cable

Add an ANT+ cadence and speed sensor get an old IPad2 with a Wahoo 30 pin dongle download the trainerRoad App pay $ 99 .00 for  1 year subscription and you have a perfect indoor training setup without having to unload 20K on a VR trainer

Hi,

I have had a look and unfortunately some bad news. As cfcjim mentioned, the TACX cable uses the smaller RJ11 connector, like our telephone extension and ADSL modem cables, but the TACX uses 6 pins, while our telephones only use 4 pins. You can't use the network cable as that is the bigger RJ45 connector.

I see that RS Online sell the RJ11 6 pin connectors, but you need to buy a minimum of 100 pcs, if you want to try and make your own? Maybe a computer store may be able to make one?

I assume your TACX Flow with the orange letters - Cool trainers but limited upgrades from TACX - once you get the cable

Add an ANT+ cadence and speed sensor get an old IPad2 with a Wahoo 30 pin dongle download the trainerRoad App pay $ 99 .00 for  1 year subscription and you have a perfect indoor training setup without having to unload 20K on a VR trainer

It's white with blue letters. 2013, I believe.

So the plan is to get TR or Zwift up and running. Where's the best place to look for the sensors?

It's white with blue letters. 2013, I believe.

So the plan is to get TR or Zwift up and running. Where's the best place to look for the sensors?

I used my GARMIN speed cadence sensor from my Garmin 500, and bought a Wahoo 30 pin dongle on an old IPAD2 - Works Perfect onTR

Your flow is the later model than mine - There is a PC upgrade kit for it with TTS software, I saw it advertised at CWC for about 1700 ronds - I never went for that because i wasn't convinced it would work properly and after all the emails and lack of responses from TACX as well as trolling numerous threads on the TACX forum i still did not get a definitive answer that it worked. 

https://tacx.com/product/upgrade-flow/

If I went that route the LBS i got the upgrade kit from would have to agree to take it back if it didn't work.