Bib-shorts

BikeisLife

Does anybody around here wear non bib type of shorts. Like the ones you would find at Mr Price Sport. With the elastic waistband.

I met an oke the other day who says that he hates wearing bibs he only wears elastic waist band shorts. I personally would stop cycling if bibs were no longer available.

How did we survive as kids when we all used to cycle for miles without padded shorts...!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did we survive as kids when we all used to cycle for miles without padded shorts...!

hahaaahaa. Fark Bru. I dont know how the hell we did it.

have two pairs... wear them on IDT only. they're throwbacks from when me and my bum didn't know about bibs. now we do, and we're much happier

Plus one

so my two cents worth on the topic....what about local in the form of VELOTEX??

I have worn(and am ashamed to say,have a cupboard full of them),Anatomic,First Ascent,Santini,Giordana,NORTHWAVE and a few branded bibs that have been made by other companies.

For the price,and quality of the gusset(a gel insert) there is very little to touch VELOTEX.Designed by a cyclist for cyclists,and at an exceptionally reasonable price.Just a pity that no shops locally(KZN) stock the brand.

But for the price of the ASSOS box i could probably get 2 pairs of " local is lekker'... 

Have 4 pairs of Velotex red, my most comfy bibs. I've never had an Assos so quite keen to try one day. 

Ended up scoring myself a deal that I couldn’t turn down.

CWC didn’t have my size in the Asoss T.Equipe and then remembered I get 20% off at CycleLab thanks to momentum. Went onto Cyclelab’s website and saw that they match any written quote so went and showed them and they matched the price plus my 20% discount. Walked out with a R4k bib short for R1900, bargain of my life, thanks CycleLab and Momentum ????

• 1 year later...

I need some advice. 

I'm super skinny with zero "natural padding"... I get sore from sitting on a chair for too long

On longer rides my seat area goes numb from pain. Is this normal? 

Are there any bibs that would suit me better especially for long ride 4-6 hours+?

I need some advice. 

I'm super skinny with zero "natural padding"... I get sore from sitting on a chair for too long

Are there any bibs that would suit me better especially for long ride 4-6 hours+?

not normal to get numb, you should try a few different saddles. Short will only make soo much off a difference, if the saddle doesnt fit you properly then you will have problems.

Another bib to try out is the Ekoi range, very well designed and very comfy. They have a new intro bib, with Nsat bib, very cool. Just google ekoi south africa

Assos S7

There are marginal gains with the more pricey bibs in the range.

But which S7; Centro, , Milleshorts, T' Equipe, Tiburu, Campionisimo?

Get a saddle set-up done and look at getting a new saddle. A normal set-up may also be a good idea if you've not yet had that done. 

I need some advice. 

I need some advice. 

measure, or get your sitbones measured and get the right sized saddle. I also had issues with numbness and a spaz power saddle solved it for me. my wife liked mine so much we had to get her one too. i think anything with a hole in it where the soft bits go, in the right width will be better re numbness