i win!

nellie

hehehe...I'm proud of myself!(ja ja! i'm bragging!WinkBig%20smile)

FINALLY got one of my friends and also a massive Giant supporter to come over to my side...LOL

Have been at the GIANT / ORBEA debate every now and then...until tonight when he did his first ride on an Orbea.

About 20km into the ride I asked him how he likes the feel of it and if he's enjoying the ride. Only thing that he said was "jjjj??????!" while looking very surprised and delighted.

...guess the proof is in the pudding.Cool  

did you know it is supposed to be 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'. Got shorter and shorter through the years. Interesting?

oh okayErmm...think i missed the original phrase by few yearsEmbarrassed

i think i'm the hub baby at the moment, so don't be too hard on me, okay?WinkLOL
nellie2006-10-12 15:05:04

I thought it was "The proof of the pudding is in the eating thereof". But then I am 30+ years older than FanieFiets.

Sorry, I was bored!!!!

the proof of the pudding is in the eating - proof will be in the practical experience or demonstration (rather than what is claimed before or in theory) - in other words, you only know how good the pudding is when you actually eat it. The origin of the expression 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating' is four hundred years old: it is the work of Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616) from his book Don Quixote de la Mancha (1605-1615). Modern usage commonly shortens and slightly alters the expression to 'the proof is in the pudding'. This is a wonderful example of the power and efficiency of metaphors - so few words used and yet so much meaning conveyed.

A classic example of thread hi-jacking. The current discussion bears no relevance to the original statement!LOL

Well done Nellie!Thumbs%20Up

You go "baby girl"Star

Thanx ORCA!Big%20smile

Marius...what are you gasping at? Shocked that a Giant supporter can do this, or at the language guru's?Tongue