Which dually to go for: Silverback or Merida?

Red Bird

You could probably find a 2017 Merida 96 600 (black/blue) for around 20-22K if you looked around enough and then still have some Moohla left over to upgrade the drive train and buy some better tyres....

If the specials are still on at CWC you could go SLX M7000 1x11 as well as SLX M7000 brakes. Then sell the components that you removed to recover some funds  ;)

Note that the tyres that come with the bikes you have listed do not come with tubeless ready tyres! They can be converted but do not have sidewall protection and as such have thin sidewalls. Do the tubeless conversion yourself as it is easy and very cheap if you get your tyres on special  :D  

....or you could do one better and get the 2017 96 800 which has FOX32 and Fox float as well as the full SLX M7000 groupset (which includes, if memory serves me correct, Ice-Tech brake rotors). You should find one of these for less than 30K too!

All you need to convert this to 1x11 is to purchase the appropriate sized  chainring and then remove the front derailleur and shifter....sell those as well if you need to  :lol:

EDIT: It comes with the ICE-TECH RT70 160mm/180mm rotors ;)

Edited by Mr lee

Sido 2 is R27500. Will look into Sido 1 deals. Thanks.

Definitely shop around and see what's available. Hopefully next year I will be adding a dually to my hardtail and I know for a fact that I'll be looking at the Slider and the Square since I have grown to love the bikes Silverback make.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

I found a great deal of R27000. I trust Silverback because I’ve been riding a Slade 3 for the past 4 years now - the lowest of low entry level - and I have only had to replace the chain, cassette and brake pads. If my current bike could withstand Sabie and other forms of technical riding, I’d be very happy to buy Silverback again. ????

Edited by Engel-a